cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Check DB warning

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

Our production system has restarted yesterday, but I find there are DBA: UPDATESTATS background job has failed. Could you advice if I need to reschedule this background job again or just wait for next schedule running? (this job is running every Sunday). Any affect on database table update? (our db is oracle).

For Number of Warning Alerts for DB operations:

For Number of Warning Alerts for Oracle Messages:

Rdgs,
Emily

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Emily,

Could you advice if I need to reschedule this background job again or just wait for next schedule running?

Here no need to reschedule the same job again,you could wait for next schedule running.Or if still you want to update stats try to run it through br*tools at OS level for once.

Any affect on database table update?

As you're also aware about why we need to update stats for the database,as it's completely related with the performance of your Database.So in my opinion if you feels performance is not up to the mark than you can go for it manually for the day.

Good Luck ,

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

Thanks for your advice.

Rdgs,
Emily

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member182657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Addition to above you could follow SAP recommendations at Update Statistics - SAP Database Guide: Oracle - SAP Library

& follow SCN doc at http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/6b8d972f-0d01-0010-f281-b8178703f...

And for the warnings operation too old you could check with SCN thread

Hope this will be also helpful for you.

Regards,

Gaurav