cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Occupational Health part of EHSM?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would like to implement OH but I don't know if it is part of EHSM or the old EHS.

I want to use this functionality using SAP Portal, because my user don't want to user SAP GUI.

Can you confirm if is part of EHSM or can be use it using Portal?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member190267
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Check this thread:

Bassically it says that:

"EHS is the old and existing solution from SAP. It deals with:

Product safety

Dangerous Goods Management

Hazardous substance Management

Industrial Hygiene and Safety

Occupational Health

Waste Management

and

Basic Data and Tools(to support the above sub modules)

EHSM is a new solution from SAP and it deals with:

Incident Management

Risk Assessment

Product Compliance"

But "since 2010, the only license a new customer can buy is the EHSM license. This license gives the customer the right to use the older functionality as well as the newer functionality. "

Best regards,

Natália

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your answer Natalia.

From your answer I understand that is not possible to consume OH functionality from Portal. Is that right?

Because is the "old solution" I think you can just use SAP GUI to access to that module.

former_member190267
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

EHSM is the new version of what you can find in EH&S - IHS. Users access only via the Portal.

On the consultant's side, you have customizing via SPRO and developments are done using ABAP Webdynpro and FPM.

In EHSM, Incident Mangement is similar to the previous incident/accident management blended with some occupational health (wounds, diseases, etc), some work area management and a touch of Risk Assessment.

Risk Assessment is similar to the previous risk assessment solution with some occupational health, work area management.

On the SAP Help Portal, there is more about that at Component Extension for SAP Environment, Health and Safety Management 4.0

Regards,

Natália

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you again Natalia.

I need to solve logging annual health check management that was provided by Occupational Health.

Do you know if this functionality is cover with the new EHSM?

Thanks

former_member191252
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

I think your client don't need SAP GUI, so you definitely need to suggest them EHSM (latest version is 5.0), but still clients are using/implementing EHSM 3.0 and 4.0 in market.

EHSM comes with ORM (Operation Risk Management) which will cover your all requirement, EHSM also fulfill some standard requirements of OSHA.

I think Natalia and provide you more information on EHSM. Yes, you can achieve these functionalities either on Portal or on NWBC.

Hope this will solve your question.

--

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Mary and Tarun.

So what you are saying is that I can record employee health with EHSM? In our company we have our own doctors and we need to give them a solution to schedule medical appoiment, record health check and test results. Do you think is part of Risk Management in EHSM?

What I understand, from your answer, this solution is only provided by EHS.

Thanks

Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Correct - functionality for recording medical procedure results for an individual employee is only in the EHS in ERP application.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Mary, that is the answer that I was looking for!

Do you know if this feature is going to be included in the short/middle term? I can't find EHSM's roadmap.

Thanks

former_member191252
Active Participant
0 Kudos

So Martin,

Is your question answered ?

I think experts provided you helpful answers.

--

Former Member
0 Kudos

Roadmaps are found on SAP Service Marketplace. I think an S-user is required, but once you log on and accept the terms, you can search for roadmaps. For the EHS/PS&S topics, you will find that roadmap listed under LOB Sustainability. There is nothing regarding medical records in the current roadmap deck.

jagadeesh_gn
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

Although Occupation health is still in SAP ERP , we can still integrate with EHSM Risk assessment in determining Health protocols to employees .

Also to link to portal we can use transactional iviews or use NWBC to access EHS -OH components

Regards

GJ

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The business process for occupational health can be broken into several sub-processes and most of it can now be managed in the component extension for SAP EHS Management, which uses portal or NWBC.

If someone gets sick from work, then you have a health incident. As Natália mentions in her response, the incident management application in the component extension for SAP EHS Management, contains what you need to manage a health incident (as well as injuries, environmental incidents, asset incidents, vehicle incidents.)

Next, occupational health experts study what hazards and chemical agents exist in the workplace that can cause occupational diseases. Based on this study, they decide what types of medical protocols are appropriate for different workers (example, hearing tests for workers in high noise areas, hepatitis B vaccine for the first aid team, etc.) The risk assessment application in the component extension for SAP EHS Management supports this process of identifying the risks, identifying the affected workers, and generating a recommendation for medical surveillance. (This was first released in component extension 3.03)

Finally, the recommendation needs to be carried out. For this, you need to be able to schedule medical appointments. Then the health worker needs to record the treatments and test results. I think of this part as occupational medicine. Some companies do not have their own medical staff and so this part is carried out by a separate medical office, often with their own record-keeping system. But if you do need to record some data in SAP, then you need to use the occupational health application in "EHS in ERP". There is integration between the component extension for SAP EHS Management and the EHS in ERP occupational health application (or to a 3rd party system) to transmit the medical surveillance recommendations.

Finally, if a negative health result is discovered at the medical office, then you would use incident management to report it and process it.

So, to answer the question about the UI, all except for the medical records can be done in the component extension for SAP EHS Management, for which you can use portal or NWBC. The medical records are SAP GUI but the look and feel could be improved using SAP Personas.

I hope this is helpful.

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Mary

discussion here has once again showed that there is still some kind of "mismatch" in understanding the SAP solutions out there in the world. I suggest that you should generate a general document based on your answer for consultant working on EHS. This document should include:

a.) License topics

b.) Software topics

Especially an overview of "overlap" of Component Extension solution and EHS classic might be very helpful.

Document

seems not to be "good" one. Topics as discussed in this thread are really asked very often. E.g. to a certain level discussion here

shows that there is still some kind "misinterpretation" of SAP set up.

C.B.

Former Member