Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CRM Leads

Chris_Schutz
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi ,

We need to create the CRM Leads from an other System , find and assign the correct Contact Business Partner based on the e-mail address we do receive from the other System .

Do SAP CRM lead functionality has the capability to do a contact match and assign the correct contact BP ( the customer BP will be the one linked to the contact BP) . And to create a new Contact Business Partner if no match was found ?

Any help is welcome , thank you .

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i would write a custom program that would load these Leads (eg from file) to CRM.

in this report you can search in CRM for proper contact person using this email address - if you have Contacts loaded to CRM first like Razvan wrote.

Question is just if you will have a separate document type for this with own determinations or not. Then in not you will have to take into account how a determination mechanism could influence your lead while loading.

BR
Radek

former_member710155
Participant
0 Kudos

Good afternoon Christopher

I am not aware of any standard functionality that can make an email cross check for adding a contact person to a business transaction.

I guess what you could do is to

1. create the contact persons separately in CRM

2. create the partners (clients) and the relationships to the contact persons (from step 1) in CRM ( both possibly via External List Management .)

3. set up partner determination in customizing for leads in order to determine a responsible agent via relationships. (Partner Determination Using Business Partner Relationships - Partner Processing - SAP Library)

4. create an External List with a mapping format that allows lead creation (Business Transaction Creation - External List Management - SAP Library)   and add the BP codes created at step 2; partner determination should take place automatically at lead level

This is just an idea, it's not something I've tried. Only other alternative that I can think of is by creating a z report.

Best regards

Razvan Zainea