SAP for Insurance Discussions
Engage in conversations about risk management, customer experience, and digital transformation using SAP in the insurance industry. Join the discussion!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Fields not getting displayed on the BDT screen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

I am trying to add 2 custom fields on to the claims management screen. The following steps were followed to add 2 fields on to the claims Management subclaim screen.

1. Create a field group Zxxxxx1 with the two fields attached to it as input enabled.

2. Create a View Zxxxxx2 attach the created field group Zxxxxx1, then create a subscreen screen add two fields to the screen and make them as input enabled. Then attached the subscreen to the View.

3. Create a PBO and PAI function modules for the screen and attach it to the View Zxxxxx2.

4. Create a section Zxxxxx3 and attach the view Zxxxxx2 to the section.

5. Attach the section to the Subclaim Overview Screen.

6. Inspite of doing all the above steps the screen is not getting displayed or the Function module PAI / PBO / FMOD is not being called.

Since I am attaching the section to a standard screen sequence I am not doing any modification to the screen sequence and screen sequence catagory.

Kindly let me know the steps I am missing in the configration of 2 new fields via BDT.

Reagrds,

Shiva

8 REPLIES 8

Fravie
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Shiva,

did you create your own Z BDT application? Is it set to be active?

I have no access to any claims management system: Does the claim object support divisibility? If so, have you assigned the correct data set in your view?

Also, if you have your own Z BDT application and the claim object does support divisibility, did you assign the Z application to the divisibility view?

Regards,

Frank

Message was edited by: Frank Vieregge

0 Kudos

Please try generating BDT subscreen containers. Program : BUSCRCNT. Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shiva,

Did you ever figure out your problem here?  I am having what appears to be the same or a very similar issue so I was hoping you might have a solution.

Regards,

Geoff

0 Kudos

Hi Geoff,

when you are in the transaction you're trying to enhance, enter function code BDT_ANALYZER

You should see your field/field group/view/section assigned to a screen. Try this to make sure your screen layout is configured correctly. If you cannot see your field here, you've got to check your screen layout settings.

Does your object support divisibility? If so, please see my comment above.

Is you BDT application set to active?

Did you try to generate the BDT sunscreen containers as Anish mentioned above?

Regards,

Frank

0 Kudos

Hi Frank,

thanks for the tips.  I actually found my issue today.  In my trial & error, I had assigned an additional view to my custom section and this was causing problems when rendering the screen.  When I cleaned this up, and also made sure my application was set to "Call only" in the BP View setup, it worked ok.

I notice that in my ECC 6.0 EhP7 system, function code BDT_ANALYZER does not appear to exist.  I'm curious about this tool, as it sounds like it would be very helpful to have, but do you know if it has to be loaded as part of a note or something?

Thanks,

geoff

0 Kudos

Hi Geoff,

according to the SAP documentation it should be available from 2004 Netweaver. If there's no bdt_analyzer report in your system, you haven't got it.

Regards

Frank

0 Kudos

Hi Frank...

My mistake - I do have this - you had indicated "function code" so I assumed it was a t-code and not a program you were referring to.  When I ran the program, it works great and is a very valuable tool for checking that all of the various BDT config steps are completed correctly.  Thanks again.

Regards,

Geoff

0 Kudos

HI Geoff,

it is also a function code you can enter while in the transaction that's driven by BDT. It should work with the BP.

Regards,

Frank