Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maintaining Regulatory without Content Provider

former_member191252
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I came across a client for our company who are not ready for content providers (like 3E, SERC, LOLI).

Anyone worked for a client without having the content provider ? If yes, have you enter the regulatory data manually for the specification ?

How does company know if there are any changes by EPA/OSHA if they don't have Content Provider ? usually Content provider will update the changes quarterly or annually ...etc ....How we will maintain all regulations with out any 3rd party provider ?

--

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

SAP provides this as well. If you are looking for support for Safety Data Sheets and other product safety documents, SAP can provide that as a service. Look at the products called EHS Regulatory Documentation and EHS Regulatory Content.

former_member191252
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Mary,

My question is more about, how companies will handle regulatory information with out content provider ?

I use SERC database previously, but are there any companies without content providers ? if yes, how they fill the regulatory data ? will they enter manually ? do they read some sort of books ? what happens if there are change in regulations ? how they know it ?

--

Former Member
0 Kudos

When I worked in the industry, the EHS experts had to stay current by following various newsletters and official websites. Consultants offer paid newsletters and there are also free ones. And yes then you would have to maintain the change by manual entry.

former_member191252
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Mary. Appreciate your reply.

--

Ralph_P
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Tarun,

I worked for some companies without a data provider, and they did, in fact, maintain the data manually. But they used their products only within one regulatory area which minimizes the number of regulations they had to follow. Even so, it becomes less and less manageable since the numbers of regulations increase, become more complex and are changed or amended more and more rapidly.

In this particular topic, I see the end of manual maintenance for most of these companies.

Ralph

former_member191252
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Yes I agree Ralph, thanks for your reply.

--

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Tarun

as mentioned by Mary With out content provider a lot of topics need to be done by your own (data maintenance, check changes in regulations etc.). May be check:

The main question:

a:) in which countries are you acting?

b.) what SAP set up do you use (EHS-BD, EHS-PS, EHS-DG etc. activated ?

c.) etc.

Therefore the need to maintain data in EHS depends as well on how you would like to use EHS (including e.g. "Component Extension of SAP EHS Management)

As many companies produce, buy, sell chemistry without using SAP one can state; you can manage EHS etc. regulations without using SAP.

C.B.

former_member191252
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi CB,

Our client is based in US and they are already implemented sap, trying to get sara report now.

--