cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to find subforms that exist for a given form in SAPScripts?

pudis
Explorer
0 Kudos

This question is related to SAP Scripts. An existing output type is configured in SAP. A form and driver program are linked to it. But on debugging the form from se71, I see that another sub-form is called. I know that a custom table controls the sub-forms for each company code.How can I find the code that is driving this? Will this logic be in my driver program?. I tried but could not find this logic in the driver program. How can I debug the driver program quickly to find the code that is calling a different sub-form  based on the entries in the custom table.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Either this has been configured in SPRO/NACE for every company code a different Form is attached.

Or within the Driver program check whether the Form name is derived. It could have been done using enhancement implementation (se18).

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

pudis
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks for the replies guys. Yes, I did debug the form and found that another form was being called than what was configured in NACE. I knew the driver program was switching the forms but could not pinpoint to the exact location where this is coded. I suspected this is happening based on plant. So, I searched for "EKPO-WERKS" in the driver program and found it. A custom table had the mapping for what form to use for specific plants. So, when creating Purchase orders for this plant the driver program was reading the custom table and deriving the form name from that table. This form was being swapped with the original form that was configured in NACE. I always find ABAP debugging not-so-straight-forward.

Florian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Easiest way is to debug the SAPScript as long as you can see the element which you are looking for and right on that step you can switch to ABAP/4 debugging.

~Florian

PS: To activate SAPscript debugging you need to go to SE71 and activate it (Utilities)