cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HU Number sequence

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys

I am using SAP Ecc 6.0 Ehp 5. we are sending request from custom program to SAP for Handling Unit Number generation through Bapi (1. BAPI_HU_CREATE - (to create HU numbers) after committing 2. BAPI_HU_CHANGE_HEADER -( Assign to OBD)  ) .HU Numbers are generated & it will be assigned to OBD also. Our issues mentioned below scenarios.

sample scenario :  1 OBD required 100 Hu Numbers(1-100) and another OBD required 5 Hu Numbers(101-105).

Standard SAP scenario: If we have create Hu's in multiple plants in a same time , sequence of Hu numbers generated one after another.

Our required scenario : First OBD request (100 HU) send to sap through BAPI , second OBD (5 HU) request generated in SAP VL01n. i have not getting the sequence of 100 Hu numbers (1-100) from my custom program. the 2nd OBD request from SAP Hu's taken middle of 1-100 Hu's.

To get sequence of HU's from my custom program , Is there solution to sort out this issue.

Thanks & Regards

R.Udayakumar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

balaji_ganesan2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Udaykumar,

Could you please confirm whether the number ranges for both the outbound deliveries would be same? because, if the number range is different for the outbound deliveries like (Type-1 starts with 80.........) & (Type-2 starts with 90.........), then we can check whether it's possible to assign HU number ranges based on the delivery number ranges in your custom program.

Thanks,
Balaji