SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Retail Billing from POS

ali_dai
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have a quich question. A POS performs a sale and it comes in SAP through Idoc. The inventory movement posted is an MM material document with 251 movement.

How the billing document is supposed to be posted? Directly through an FI posting or something else?

BR

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member

Hi Ali,

as it's been already more or less clarified above, both POS billing and goods movement types are defined in the POS inbound profile in SPRO >Sales & Distribution > POS Interface > Inbound.

There you make the decision whether to post individual receipts using WPUBON (> Control Sales as per Receipts) or aggregated sales using WPUUMS (> Aggregated Sales Control). There you define, in the Processes sub-screen, parameters for Billing & Inventory Management, movement types and billing document types with correspondning pricing procedure.

Both these message types trigger billing and post goods issue during inbound processing by assigned function module.

That's all there is to it.

Hope that helps.

Cheers,

Tomas

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

vikrant_mohite
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What is the IDoc message type?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There will be integration  POS - IS retail and all data will be transferred by Idoc. You can do billing at the end of day through background processing as well.

Below is reference document as well:

POS Interface - Inbound - SAP Library

Thanks

Rachit

ali_dai
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rachit,

I have seen these. My question is how in SAP it is performed? MIGO and 251 and then? Vf01? How? or direct FI posting?

thank you again

0 Kudos

Hello Ali,

Are you using WPUUMS or WPUBON for integration of POS to ERP?

WPUUMS creates both Article document (with 251 and 252 sales and returns respectively) and billing document and billing document then creates financial postings.

I hope this helps.

Thanks,

Vikrant.

0 Kudos

Hello Ali

Via the POS inbound profile assigned to your site (see WB03 / POS tab), the billing document type is defined.

See in IMG :

Sales & Distribution => POS Interface => Inbound => Control Sales As Per Receipts (WPUBON)

or

Sales & Distribution => POS Interface => Inbound => Aggregated Sales Controle (WPUUMS)

Select the used POS profile, and you will find the billing type used.

Also the used movement types are defined here.

Kind regards

Bob

Former Member

Hi Ali,

as it's been already more or less clarified above, both POS billing and goods movement types are defined in the POS inbound profile in SPRO >Sales & Distribution > POS Interface > Inbound.

There you make the decision whether to post individual receipts using WPUBON (> Control Sales as per Receipts) or aggregated sales using WPUUMS (> Aggregated Sales Control). There you define, in the Processes sub-screen, parameters for Billing & Inventory Management, movement types and billing document types with correspondning pricing procedure.

Both these message types trigger billing and post goods issue during inbound processing by assigned function module.

That's all there is to it.

Hope that helps.

Cheers,

Tomas

0 Kudos

Tomas Figura has given the detail solution.

Thanks,

Vikrant.

ali_dai
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Thank you for your valuable answers. I wil try them and in case of a question i will report back.

BR