cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HANA Connections Misbehavior !

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

For some period of time every day i find the Hana Connections to be not responding and it gets fixed on its own. Has someone already faced the similar issue or aware what to do ?

Thanks in Advance,

Yash

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yash,

This issue is fixed in 4.1 Sp5 Patch 1.

Regards,

Pranay Sharma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yash,

Are all the Master servers up and running fine (or maybe you have 2 and 1 is "down" and enabled)?

The connectivity is tested when clicking on the Manage Spaces tab and it tries to connect over the network to the HANA server. If for some reason there is no reply within 5 seconds (configurable I believe), which could probably happen when HANA is under a heavy load, the connection will show as broken. If you improve your HANA connectivity, this should not appear anymore (or extend the timeout).

I am wondering now, looking at your list, if that connectivity timeout is on all of the connections together, hence all of them appear inactive. It would in that case just require 1 unresponsive HANA connection to make all others fail.

I would suggest to test all the connections in IDT when the issue appears and maybe at the same time have the Adminstration perspective open in HANA design Studio to see the load on the different servers (which may require a lot of swithching between windows).

This SAP Note gives some indication to a single problematic connection: 1979585 - In Explorer under Manage Spaces, HANA connections shows "NewDB server does not respond".

I hope this helps,

Denis

Former Member
0 Kudos

in idt connections seems to be alright. when this happens it happens in development, quality and production serves at the same time !