cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with regard to images in mailforms the interaction center

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I'm having issues with the mailforms created in the manager IC role in CRM. When creating mailforms I want to add the logo of our company to the message. Therefore we use the 'insert image' icon. Till that point everything seems fine. However, when this mailform is used receivers receive a red cross where the picture was placed instead of the attached picture.

Thanks in advance,

Paul

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Sigrid
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Paul,

You might check if KBA 2086590 helps to resolve the issue.

Best Regards,

Sigrid

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sigrid, thanks for your respons!

In my situation the problem is more related to outbound mails. Creating a mailform in the IC manager part of the IC (including an image) goes well, the picture I add in the bottom part (by clicking the insert image icon) of the mail is viewed correctly. When IC email agents open the mailform to use it as a standard reply, they also see the view including the picture. However, the receipants of our mails get a red cross instead of the picture that was added. Do you have an idea how this can be solved?

Best regards,

Paul

Sigrid
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Paul,

Sorry, my fault - I meant KBA 1932351. If you are on CRM 2007, I assume that the image is located on the content server and not embedded in the mail form. Here the content server content needs to be accessible for the recipients of the E-Mail. Otherwise a red cross is shown in the E-Mail. You might crosscheck this assumption by viewing the source code of the mail your mail program.

Best Regards,

Sigrid

Sigrid
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Paul,

Sorry, my fault - I meant KBA 1932351. If you are on CRM 2007, I assume that the image is located on the content server and not embedded in the mail form. Here the content server content needs to be accessible for the recipients of the E-Mail. Otherwise a red cross is shown in the E-Mail. You might crosscheck this assumption by viewing the source code of the mail your mail program.

Best Regards,

Sigrid

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sigrid,

The images are indeed located on the content server. The note you are referring to also describes the problem we're having perfectly. And opening up the content server would most likely solve our issue. However with regard to opening up this server, could you tell what the security-related risks are? Can't this be solved in another way?

Best regards,

Paul

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Another possible way other than opening up our content server to solve this problem is the following. We are now using images already placed on our corporate website in the mailforms. In the HTML part of the mail we add the source of the picture after the src=....... part.

Best regards,

Paul