cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrate EJB from NW 7.0 to NW 7.4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Understood that NW 7.4 is using EJB 3.0 and JDK 1.6 while NW 7.0 is EJB 2.1 with JDK 1.4.2. I have an application developed in NW 7.0 and now need to migrate to NW 7.4. Realized the method for EJB 2.1 and EJB 3.0 is quite different. Any method to do it or I have to recode and rebuild it at NW 7.4.

Meanwhile the EJB project actually also tied with WebDynpro Java, for the UI parts, would like to know way to migrate both at once.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rolf_paulsen
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Adrian,

Netweaver 7.4 is backward compatible to old EJB 2.1 standard. The same for Java 6 and 1.4. There is no need to recode. But get yourself a book about EJB 3.x and you will WANT to geht rid oft all the boiler plate code in 2.1:)

The WD Java EJB model also supports EJB 2.1. But I never tried neither to use the WD wizard with 2.1 nor to migrate from 7.0 to 7.31 == 7.4. Probably WD Java itself will be the most work.

Cheers

Rolf

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rolf,

So does it mean that I can import my existing project into NWDS 7.3 and then compile it and deploy into NW 7.4?

If not mistaken the deployment method in NW 7.4 also changed right as no more Visual Administrator.

This is because we have an application build in EJB 2.1 and WebDynpro Java using NWDS 7.0. Now wondering can it be deploy into NW 7.4 without any changes needed.

Thanks.

rolf_paulsen
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Adrian,

for your ejb components, this is true. But make sure that the correct ejb Version 2.1 is set in the project settings.

Just try it out and tell us what is happening. Use ejbexplorer to check your ejb services independent of WD Java.

Probably for your WD Java DCs, there will be some migration required because of general internal changes inside the WD Java framework, see your other post and answer. But the reason for this is not that your ejb services are ejb 2.1.

You have a perfect guide here

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-55584

Cheers

Rolf

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member193379
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Adrian,

As already mentioned by Rolf, so don't have much to write but also go through the below links which are describing about EJB2.1 with NW7.4 and migration as well.

Creating EJB 2.1 Components - Developing Java EE 5 Applications - SAP Library

Thanks,

Hamendra