Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ABAP Project does not open

sebastian_hockmann2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello.

i have Eclipse Luna (64bit) installed and using JRE 1.8. ADT were installed successfully.

I'm using Win7/64bit and SAPGUI 7.40 PL1 Hotfix 1.

I can open the ABAP perspective in Eclipse.

But when i try to create a new ABAP Project nothing happens.

But on a computer of colleguage a window opens asking for SAP application server.

Is there any way to analyze whats going wrong ?

Thanks for your support and help.

Sebastian

16 REPLIES 16

sebastian_hockmann2
Participant
0 Kudos

When i double click on entry ABAP project i receive the following error message:

0 Kudos

Hi Sebastian & Andrei,

thank you for the information, and sorry for any inconvenience.

Stay tuned for a patch that will fix the bug.

Best regards,

Marco

former_member186216
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Sebastian,

do you see any related entries in the Eclipse error log?

Best regards,

Marco

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sebastian,

Can you please paste the logs.

Following are the 2 roles,every user should have in order to work on eclipse

SAP_BC_DWB_ABAPDEVELOPER and  SAP_BC_DWB_WBDISPLAY

As your Colleagues are  able to access the system and start new project , hence there would be some error or incompatibilty from your local desktop.

Please check all the prerequisite again and check the services from your local desktop.

BASIS guys can help you for complete authorization .

former_member184675
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm facing the same issue.

Using:

Eclipse Luna 4.41

ADT 2.36

SAP GUI 7.4 PL1 with hotfix

NWBC 5.0 for dekstop

Windows 8.1

I do not think this is a role issue since I do not get to create a connection yet.

Also I used to use Eclipse Kepler with an older version of ADT and everything worked fine. I also updated Eclipse Kepler to ADT 2.36 and I'm facing the same issue.

In my opinion it is either a SAPGUI 7.40 Issue or maybe it is related to NWBC 5.0 installation

0 Kudos

Hi Andrei, hi Sebastian,

as Marco and Abijit said, could you please check the Error Log (Ctrl+3 -> Error Log), double click on the NullPointerException and paste the Exception Stack trace here? Maybe we can help you out here...

Thanks and best regards, Sebastian

0 Kudos

Hi,

eclipse.buildId=4.4.1.M20140925-0400

java.version=1.8.0_31

java.vendor=Oracle Corporation

BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86_64, WS=win32, NL=en_US

Framework arguments:  -product org.eclipse.epp.package.java.product

Command-line arguments:  -os win32 -ws win32 -arch x86_64 -product org.eclipse.epp.package.java.product

org.eclipse.jface

Error

Fri Feb 20 17:40:37 EET 2015

Problems occurred when invoking code from plug-in: "org.eclipse.jface".

java.lang.NullPointerException

at com.sap.adt.destinations.model.internal.config.SapUiLandscapeReader.addMessageServerInformation(SapUiLandscapeReader.java:301)

at com.sap.adt.destinations.model.internal.config.SapUiLandscapeReader.getSystemConfigurations(SapUiLandscapeReader.java:103)

at com.sap.adt.destinations.model.config.SystemConfigurationService.getSystemConfigurationsFromPersistence(SystemConfigurationService.java:110)

at com.sap.adt.project.ui.wizard.NewAdtCoreProjectWizardBase.init(NewAdtCoreProjectWizardBase.java:63)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.dialogs.WorkbenchWizardNode.getWizard(WorkbenchWizardNode.java:193)

at org.eclipse.jface.wizard.WizardSelectionPage.getNextPage(WizardSelectionPage.java:107)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.dialogs.WorkbenchWizardSelectionPage.getNextPage(WorkbenchWizardSelectionPage.java:101)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.dialogs.NewWizardSelectionPage.advanceToNextPageOrFinish(NewWizardSelectionPage.java:71)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.dialogs.NewWizardNewPage$1.doubleClick(NewWizardNewPage.java:366)

at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.StructuredViewer$1.run(StructuredViewer.java:831)

at org.eclipse.core.runtime.SafeRunner.run(SafeRunner.java:42)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.JFaceUtil$1.run(JFaceUtil.java:50)

at org.eclipse.jface.util.SafeRunnable.run(SafeRunnable.java:178)

at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.StructuredViewer.fireDoubleClick(StructuredViewer.java:828)

at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.AbstractTreeViewer.handleDoubleSelect(AbstractTreeViewer.java:1472)

at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.StructuredViewer$4.widgetDefaultSelected(StructuredViewer.java:1237)

at org.eclipse.jface.util.OpenStrategy.fireDefaultSelectionEvent(OpenStrategy.java:252)

at org.eclipse.jface.util.OpenStrategy.access$0(OpenStrategy.java:249)

at org.eclipse.jface.util.OpenStrategy$1.handleEvent(OpenStrategy.java:311)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:84)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.sendEvent(Display.java:4353)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1061)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:4172)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3761)

at org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.runEventLoop(Window.java:832)

at org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.open(Window.java:808)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.handlers.WizardHandler$New.executeHandler(WizardHandler.java:269)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.handlers.WizardHandler.execute(WizardHandler.java:290)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.handlers.HandlerProxy.execute(HandlerProxy.java:294)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.handlers.E4HandlerProxy.execute(E4HandlerProxy.java:90)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)

at org.eclipse.e4.core.internal.di.MethodRequestor.execute(MethodRequestor.java:55)

at org.eclipse.e4.core.internal.di.InjectorImpl.invokeUsingClass(InjectorImpl.java:247)

at org.eclipse.e4.core.internal.di.InjectorImpl.invoke(InjectorImpl.java:229)

at org.eclipse.e4.core.contexts.ContextInjectionFactory.invoke(ContextInjectionFactory.java:132)

at org.eclipse.e4.core.commands.internal.HandlerServiceHandler.execute(HandlerServiceHandler.java:149)

at org.eclipse.core.commands.Command.executeWithChecks(Command.java:499)

at org.eclipse.core.commands.ParameterizedCommand.executeWithChecks(ParameterizedCommand.java:508)

at org.eclipse.e4.core.commands.internal.HandlerServiceImpl.executeHandler(HandlerServiceImpl.java:210)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.handlers.LegacyHandlerService.executeCommand(LegacyHandlerService.java:343)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.actions.CommandAction.runWithEvent(CommandAction.java:159)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.actions.CommandAction.run(CommandAction.java:174)

at org.eclipse.ui.actions.NewWizardDropDownAction.run(NewWizardDropDownAction.java:188)

at org.eclipse.jface.action.Action.runWithEvent(Action.java:519)

at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.handleWidgetSelection(ActionContributionItem.java:595)

at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.access$2(ActionContributionItem.java:511)

at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem$6.handleEvent(ActionContributionItem.java:462)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:84)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.sendEvent(Display.java:4353)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1061)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:4172)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3761)

at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine$9.run(PartRenderingEngine.java:1151)

at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:332)

at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine.run(PartRenderingEngine.java:1032)

at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.E4Workbench.createAndRunUI(E4Workbench.java:148)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$5.run(Workbench.java:636)

at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:332)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:579)

at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:150)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.application.IDEApplication.start(IDEApplication.java:135)

at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:196)

at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:134)

at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:104)

at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:380)

at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:235)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)

at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:648)

at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:603)

at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1465)

0 Kudos

Hi Andrei,

sorry for missing the attachment.

It's certainly related to the migration to NW Business Client 5. All SAP GUI configuration files got migrated to the new SAP UI Landscape Format (see e.g. http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-60762 for some details). ADT 2.36 is ready for this format, but unfortunately contains some bugs (we're very sorry about that). But, we already have a patch for 2.36 in the pipeline that addresses several issues with (corrupted) configuration files and some adjustments on our side that makes ADT aware of some additional entries in the new files.

However, in order to be sure that we got this NullPointerException also covered, we need your configuration files. As they most certainly contain private information, I would ask you to open an OSS ticket for component BC-DWB-AIE. Please be sure to have two XML files attached:

- SAPUILandscape.xml - stored in the local configuration directory (see SAP GUI Options - Logon Options - Local Configuration Files

- Your global configuration file - this is either stored as SAPUILandscapeGlobal.xml in the same directory as mentioned above or in the location stored in the 'Server Configuration Files' area in the Logon Options.

Thanks and best regards, Sebastian

0 Kudos

Thank you,

In the meantime, would it help if i do a clean installation of SAP GUI 7.4 without NWBC 5.0 ?

0 Kudos

You're welcome.

Yes, this would (most certainly) be a good workaround. Just uninstall NWBC 5 and the old configuration files should be activated again. You can keep SAP GUI 7.4.

Best regards, Sebastian

0 Kudos

Hi,

I confirm it worked.

For future reference:

1. I uninstalled SAP GUI 7.4, SAP NWBC 5.0 and Interactive Excell (i actually used a powerful uninstaller to also delete registry entries )

2. I backed it up /appdata/roaming/sap/ to create the oss ticket

4. Reinstalled SAPGUI 7.4 (without NWBC or Excell )

5. Restored only files: saplogon.ini and saplogontree to /appdata/roaming/sap/common

6. I was able to create a project and open a program in Eclipse Luna (should work on Keppler aswell ).

Thank you for your help!

0 Kudos

Hi Andrei,

you could also send the backed up files from /appdata/roaming/sap/ to me by e-mail, if you don't mind.

Then we could start immediately with analyzing the root cause.

Best regards,

Marco

0 Kudos

Ok,

How do I do that ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

When pressing New ABAP Project and the hitting "Next" nothing happens, no any window opens, no reaction. Please help.

Path to updated SAPUILandscape.xml and SAPUILandscapeGlobal.xml is correct.

Eclipse 2019-12 (4.14.0)

ADT 3.8.1

0 Kudos

I have the same problem, have you solve?

I have a 7.5 sap gui and Eclipse 2021-09

I have reistalled all, but problem doesn't solve.

0 Kudos

SAP GUI 7.50 is not supported already, try with 7.70. I'm not getting the issue described above now.