Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DTP Performance

alexander_kutz
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I am currently checking a DTP run.

In the DTP details of the DTP log I see "Generate Request" at 17:29:19, the next step "Set Status to 'Executable" (still before data processing) at 17:35:11 - that is an extreme time - nearly 6 minutes.

Do you know what exactly the system executes during this time / how to optimize it?

In the job log I can see the following steps:

Date   Time Message text                                                                                                         Message class Message no. Message type
11.02.2015 17:29:19 Job started                                                                                                               00       516      S
11.02.2015 17:29:19 Step 001 started (program RSPROCESS, variant &..., user ID ...)                                           00       550      S
11.02.2015 17:29:19 Start process DTP_LOAD DTP_50... in run 50.. of chain ... RSPC      156      S
11.02.2015 17:34:54 SQL: 11.02.2015 17:34:54 ...                                                                                       DBMAN     099      I
11.02.2015 17:34:54 TRUNCATE TABLE "TESTDATRNRPART0"                                                                                         DBMAN     099      I
11.02.2015 17:34:54 SQL-END: 11.02.2015 17:34:54 00:00:00                                                                                    DBMAN     099      I
11.02.2015 17:34:57 SQL: 11.02.2015 17:34:57 ...                                                                                       DBMAN     099      I
11.02.2015 17:34:57 TRUNCATE TABLE "TESTDATRNRPART1"                                                                                         DBMAN     099      I

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello -

Check for any routines in your DTP filters.  The DTP has to generate the filter criteria before performing the extraction.  If there is complex logic in a routine, you will see the additional time in this step.

It could also be that you need to clean-up your basis tables - reference note 1829728 for BW housekeeping task list.  Also consider archiving old requests with RSREQARCH.

Optimization of Data Retention - Data Warehouse Management - SAP Library

Regards,

Tony

alexander_kutz
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Tony, I think this is right path, thank you for the hints. During searching I found additionally the note 706478 - Preventing Basis tables from increasing considerably ; point 16 is for me interesting.

On our system: RSREQDONE -> > 10.000.000 records; RSBMNODES -> > 28.000.000 records.

colm_boyle
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Also check the size of the source, if there are a lot of requests in the source then the deletions will inevitebly take longer.

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Hello,

If the issue still could not be resolved, please have a look at th recently released guided answer for DTP perforamance:
Guided Answers: Data Transfer Process (DTP) performance/memory issues

Best Regards,
Jiandong

0 Kudos

Hello,

If the issue still could not be resolved, please have a look at th recently released guided answer for DTP perforamance:
Guided Answers: Data Transfer Process (DTP) performance/memory issues

Best Regards,
Jiandong

colm_boyle
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Alexander,

are you experiencing any sequential reads on the table RSSTATMANREQMAP when loading? You will be able to see this in SM50 if so, please advise. If you are I have further recommendations,

thanks,

Colm

colm_boyle
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Have you optimized your parallel loading by implementing the correction notes listed in the following SAP Composite Note...

1827854 - Enqueue/Lock during parallel data loads

These corrections are hugely beneficial for BW parallel optimization.

Thanks,

Colm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alexander,

Please let me know if your issue is resolved.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Alex,

You urself can check in detailed DTP log where the DTP is taking time. Expand the DTP request to see exact time spent in eact step.

Also in the DTP, click on debugging and go line by line to see in which code system is taking time.

There are ways to optimize DTP performance. Go to RSBATCH for standard DTP settings like increasing the bck process.. also check if there are any routines where optimization can be done.

Regards,

AR

kr_pavankumar
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

a) Packet size of a DTP:

Number specified here has a direct impact on memory consumption during extraction.

If the data is read in semantic groups, all the data records for a particular key have to be contained within the same package. For this reason, a package contains more data records than specified here

b) If the volume of the data is huge then you can create more number of DTPs and can perform selective loading at DTP level as well.

Also check for routines/formula at transformation level.

Hope it helps.

-- KRPK

alexander_kutz
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Pavan, this is not the case - it is really a big delay in the very first steps.- Before the loading starts.