SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error AH340 and EN470 while changing register group on a device

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I tried to change the register group on a device using Tcode Eg42. I am getting the error message:

1. Please specify a valid rate fact group for rate type CER

2. Rate data is no longer consistent

Please suggest what could be the reason for this and how do I change the register group.

14 REPLIES 14

former_member227287
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjeev,

Rate type and rate fact group are maintained at the time of billing related installation.You can see this info from the device screen in installation.

Check if the rate fact group is correct for the rate type .Correct this data in EC30 first then change your device using EG42.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Chandandeep.

0 Kudos

Thanks Charandeep for the reply.

How do you know if rate fact group is correct for the rate type?

Here is some additional detail:

When trying to change Register group from 1P5D1 (Single register) to 2P5D1 (two registers) using EG42

When clicked on "Change register configuration", this is what I get:

When I try to save it, it gives me the error.

Currently the Installed device look like this:

Regards,

Sanjeev

0 Kudos

Hi Sanjeev,

Have a look into this thread.

This should help you in resolving your issue.

Cheers,

Rakesh..

sapisurdg.wordpress.com

0 Kudos

use F4 and find the valid entries.

0 Kudos

This is not a device info record but actual device

0 Kudos

It says "No values found".

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I am still struggling with this issue. Any help is appreciated.

Regards,

Sanjeev

0 Kudos

Hi Sanjeev,

As the device: 9009857 having register group: 1P5D1 (1 register) is already installed with Rate type CER & Fact Group: 0002, that's why you are getting the Rate data inconsistent error when you are trying to change the register group. System will not allow to change the register group from 1 register to 2 registers.

Regards,

Rakesh

0 Kudos

Hi Rakesh,

Do you know if this is something in the billing or operand configuration? Or device management?

I'm having the same issue. I created a new serial number with a new register group but when I try to install this new device I get the same error message.

"Enter Rate Type"

and

"Rate is no longer consistent"

Thanks,

RM.

0 Kudos

Do all the things you've done already, but before trying to save....

GOTO -> Rate Data

Then modify the rate data to be consistent with the revised register group.

the newly added register doesn't yet have anything assigned & therefore is inconsistent.

0 Kudos

Thank you very much.

R.M.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

1. First Un install the current device then change the register group in device. then change reg. grp in that device and re install. You can change any parameters in a device which is in 'INSTALLED' status.

2.Check rate determination for the respective Rate type+Rate cat+Rate along with validity date.

0 Kudos

Yes, you can change parameters on installed devices.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please follow the below steps to propose the Rate type for 2-Rate from 1- Rate meter using EG42.

1.Go to Header layout of EG42 and select GOTO--> Rate Data-->

2.Apply the Rate type and save the data.

3.It will take you to below screen, populate the other Rate type based on the selection...

4. Save the entries...

(by doing this you will get rid of below errors)