Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WPC: Permissions Owner, Full Control and Read Write

prashil
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Team,

I am creating a demo on Web Page Composer.

As I understand, the tool can be used as four different roles:

1. Author - Read/Write

2. Owner - Owner

3. End User - Read Permission

4. Administrator - Full Control

The issue is related to Owner and Author

Below is my understand, Owner should be the owner of the area and he should have permissions to setup the approval process and Approve/Reject the content to publish.

While Author should have permission to create/read/write the content and templates and submit for approval to publish.

Here is what I have seen, Read/Write permission doesn't allow me to sent the content for approval but it is literally only read and write and if I assign owner permission to Author, he can change the approval cycle means who should be approvers or remove the approval process itself.

Please let me know if this permission can be modified, so that I can just assign it to Author to submit the content for approval/

Thanks

Prashil Wasnik

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

cathal_kelly
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Prashil,

I assume you are using Web Page Composer in EP 7.3 (or higher) and are referring to the approval workflow as outlined in the following help documentation -

Creating an Approval Workflow - Web Page Composer - SAP Library

If so, I'm afraid it is indeed necessary for the user submitting content for approval to have 'Full control' permissions on the resource. This is designed with the intention that while authors can maintain and create content, only the administrators should have the ability to submit the content for release through the approval workflow.