cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DVEBMGS00 cannot start

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am installing a SAP NetWeaver 7.4 ABAP server on SAP HANA SPS09 (rev. 91) on SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11 SP3 inside a VMware virtual environment. All the SAP software were downloaded yesterday and have the latest version.

System details:

Host: hana01

Linux kernel: 3.0.76-0.11

HANA instance:

SID: H10

Instance no: 10

SAP NetWeaver 7.4 instance:

SID: HDB

Instance no: 00

The installation of SAP HANA went fine, but the installation of SAP BW fails when reaching step "Start Instance" - see the screen dump below:

When I open SAP Management Console, the ABAP central instance DVEBMGS00 is not running, while ASCS01 runs fine:

I have attached two logs "sapinst.log" and "sapcontrol_HDB_DVEBMGS00.log".

I would appreciate if anyone could point me in the right direction why DVEBMGS00 cannot start.

Thanks.

Regards. Arseny

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

as per log:

WARNING 2015-02-12 08:50:41.417

Connect to message server (hana01/3901) failed: MSENILAYER.

looks like the port 3901 is used. check note 1662097 - SAPinst stopInstance fails when installing new ABAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunil,

Thanks for your reply. I checked the note you have attached and the used port 3901.

Here is the output which process is using this port:

hana01:hdbadm 10> netstat -an | grep 3901

tcp        0      0 0.0.0.0:3901            0.0.0.0:*               LISTEN     

unix  2      [ ACC ]     STREAM     LISTENING     63101  /tmp/.sapstream3901

unix  3      [ ]         STREAM     CONNECTED     63194  /tmp/.sapstream3901

hana01:~ # fuser 3901/tcp

3901/tcp:            12373

hana01:~ # ps -p 12373

PID TTY          TIME CMD

12373 ?        00:00:00 ms.sapHDB_ASCS0

Can you suggest a solution?

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

is ti possible to attach the work directory logs from below location?

/usr/sap/HDB/ASCS01

/usr/sap/HDB/D*/work

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, these are the log and trace files from the the "work" folders within ASCS01 and DVEBMGS00.

Microsoft OneDrive - Access files anywhere. Create docs with free Office Online.

The files are better readable when opening in WordPad.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

just compress and attach, there should not be too many files as this is new install.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I can't attach ZIP archives to the message, but here are the links with two archives:

http://1drv.ms/1DIFx7j

http://1drv.ms/1CikwOY

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for the logs.

1) As per the ASCS01 work log, dev_sapstart/sapstart.log file contains below errors:

(7586) **** 2015/02/12 09:59:49 Child 12347 died due to Signal 9 . ****

There is a note for signal 9 - 426188 - R/3 processes terminate due to signal 9

2) There are also below errors:

*** DISPATCHER EMERGENCY SHUTDOWN => DpMsAttach: local hostname 'hana01' is resolved to loopback address (cf. SAP note 1054467 for details)

Refer to the note mentioned.

I would suggest to refer note 1054467 first and restart the instance. I dont think there will be any hardware issues but you can request LINUX team to refer 426188.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunil,

You were spot on the error with the loopback address 🙂 I applied "rdisp/tolerate_loopback_addr = true" in the profile to solve the issue. However, as I read in the SAP note, this is not a sustainable solution as the system must remain standalone.

Is there a way to make the system start without applying the mentioned parameter? Add extra network cards in VMware, add hostnames to /etc/hosts?

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Why can't you add DNS and add your system entry in DNS rather than modifying the local /etc/hosts file?

If there is no DNS then the option is to add the ip addess to hosts file.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do you mean registering the host name in the local network DSN? This might be tricky in my scenario.

/etc/hosts has these two entries:

127.0.0.1 localhost

127.0.0.2 hana01.fqdn.corp hana01

How would you modify the hosts file in my case to avoid the issue with loopback to local host?

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am not sure why you are not able to add the entry in the DNS, is this standalone/test installation?

Replace the 127.x.x.2 ip which you have assinged to your host name with valid IP. I hope you got an valid IP from your network team, if this connected to the network.

for examle:

192.168.0.5 hana01.fqdn.corp hana01

then try to ping from command line both the host names if success then try to start the SAP.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Reagan
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello

Could you supply the dev_w0 and dev_rd trace files from the work directory please?

If possible stop the installer and clean the shared memory segments using cleanipc. Delete the stream files under /tmp file system. Restart the SAP system manually.

Cheers

RB

Former Member
0 Kudos

RB, all the files from work directory already attached. see response .