cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Secured File Transfer using SAP XI

Former Member
0 Kudos

How to implement Secured File Transfer using SAP XI File Adapter? I would like to know whether the secured protocols such as SSH, SSL or TLS available as part of SAP XI File Adapter.

If no built-in support is available from XI File Adapter, would like to know other alternate options such as invoking Unix shell scripts from File Adapters.

Thanks and appreciate your feedback

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The file adapter can communicate directly with XI using HTTPS ( HTTP over SSL ).

This is a standard requirement and configuration option. If you use a de-centralised adapter engine, i.e. a J2EE server with the adapter engine running on it, you configure the port for communicaiton to the integration server as HTTPS and give it the secure port address.

Cheers,

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

And if the J2EE server is to heavy, you can also use the smaller and lighter J2SE adapter, which supports SSL as well.

Cheers,

Frank

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. As far as I know XI file adapter does not support Secured File Transfer

2. In one of our projects we used Java proxies for handling files with SFTP from XI:

- you can generate java proxy

- then use a free or purchase (like Secure Ftp Factory http://www.scriptsearch.com/cgi-bin/jump.cgi?ID=9684 ) libraries to achive SFTP connections

3. the second option is the easiest & fastest one but you can also build an SFTP adapter youself

Regards,

michal