cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP ERP compatibilty for Aviation Industry

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello There,

I am looking for a way as to how can ERP can be useful in the aviation Industry in an optimal way with low level of customization and which type of ERP should we opt to reduce the high level of customization.As we are still using standard CS,MM,FICO module with high dependency of customization which according to me is unacceptable as it incur more cost to the company and the level of dependency would be more.

Is there anyone who worked in this industrial domain or have a knowledge about it,any help would really be appreciated.

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

In my experience, SAP is not an useful tool to standardize or simplify the highly customized requirements of the aviation industry, if you use it alone, or as a primary factor.

Highly customized offerings, processes, and products increase the value supplied to customers, and therefore add value to the companies offering them.  You do not want to standardize the offering, but to simplify the business model that you use to deliver that highly variable, or customized offering

The key to simplify operations in aviation or aerospace, in my view, lays on:

1. Defining a modular product architecture, that facilitates concentrating variability and customized features in a number of modules only.
  2. Decoupling processes, so the customized and standard requirements are not addressed by the same set of activities
  3. Using SAP, once the initial problem has been simplified somewhat.In some cases you can use very simple tools to control the non-variable part of the product content (e.g. Kanban),and SAP to control the highly customized or variable part of the product content.

I have seen this approach work in aircraft, helicopter, and auto manufacturing, as well as in the manufacturing and servicing of other highly engineered products.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mercedes,

Thanks a lot for paying heed into this issue .Definitely i will take this approach of your's for simplification of my concern.Appreciate your Help.

Regards

Shehzar

Answers (0)