cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possibility to work with several Case types?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Is there any possibility to select a Case Type, while creating a dispute case on Process Receivables screen (inside Worklist)? For us, it would be very useful since we could be able to assign certain categories to each Case type.

It looks as if system could let modify the Case Type through the attributes, not only once created the Dispute case, but also before saving it, here:

However, it works for other attributes but not for the case type.

Can anybody tell me if this is possible?

Thanks in advance,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

you cant do it on creation - however you could add some logic so the system knows which case type to use.

We use AR reason code to help control with case type should be used, where there is a requirement to have more than one case type per company code.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

What do you mean by AR reason code? Do you mean the Dispute case Reason Code field, or else? Please, could you be more specific in your response?

Thanks in advance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The reason code within the accounting document you are disputing - so NOT the dispute reason code. BSEG_RSGTR I think is the field name.

This is just one example - you could have your own rule.

You have BAdI's that you can call that look at the creation of the dispute case - and some code (I am not an expert here) that says if the AR reason code is "01" use case type F_DM if AR reason code "99" use F_D3 for example.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mark,

There is no such field on BSEG table. Please, could you tell me the exact field name and table to which a certain Dispute BAdi should have to look at in order to derivate to a case type?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK - the field is BSEG-RSTGR.

I just want to make clear this is one option, and one that I have used before. I would look at how you can seperate which case type should be selected.

In my case you need to ensure the field is populated in the accounting doc of the disputed item

The standard BAdI is FDM_AR_DEF_CASE_TYPE to determine the case type of the dispute.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Mark.

We´ll investigate this.

Thanks also for providing the BAdi that should look to that field (visible at the FI open item) and select the case type.

Regards.