cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No SAP Available in CR Server 2013 Install Options

cbethune
Participant
0 Kudos

Does CR Server 2013 support connecting to a SAP back end system?  I notice it is missing from the install options in the Data Access section and as a result there is no SAP option in the Authentication Tab in the CMC to configure SAP Auth.

I have so far seen this with CR2013 Server SP04 and SP05 and the issue happens whether I install silently or I install using the GUI.

Is there a way to manually force the install of the SAP IK components for CR Server 2013?

Also is SAP Authentication actually supported in Crystal Server?  I can't seem to locate a clear answer on that and I don't work with CR Server all that often.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

quite by accident i stumbled upon BI 4.x Installer custom selection should have seperate category for Integration kits : View Idea

this statement jumped out at me -  It took a while for us to realize this option "CR SAP Integration Kit" was  hidden within "Database Access" category.

could it be that what you need (SAP IK) is hidden under the 'data access' part of the installer?

Regards.

H

cbethune
Participant
0 Kudos

So checking off SAP as a Data Access item is typically what enables this in the other BI4.x range of products.  However it isn't an option here.  I did see it in the silent install switches as well and tried that route to no avail.

I also ran across a note that mentioned a fix for a corrupted install (but that assumes it was installed) where you move some secSAPR3 items from the dfo folder to the deployment folder and run some scripts against the CMS.  No objects in the CMS to run against in my case because there was no install option.

For kicks, I did copy the files from a dfo folder on a working BI4.1 systems into the Packages folder and it appear to pick those up and move them to the dfo folder when I restarted the SIA but still no references in the CMS and no option for SAP Authentication.

As I reviewed the PAM and the features guide I noted that LDAP, AD, and Sharepoint are called out specifically but SAP is not.  I am starting to wonder if this is supported in CR Server.  It would surprise me a bit if it is not but could be a matter of what features are includes in CR Server vs. Edge vs. full Platform.  We have some people reaching out on the sales side to see what we can find out and I'll update the thread when I get some type of answer.

cbethune
Participant
0 Kudos

Tracked down the answer on Partner Edge finally.  SAP connections not supported with CR Server.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

wow. this is confusing, and I'm not familiar enough with the CRServer product to know myself without checking/hitting the prob like you have

The only breadcrumb i can find is this Note  http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1363350   which does say "SAP R3 authentication, "secSAPR3" (available only with the BusinessObjects Enterprise SAP Integration Kit)"  but evidently this is old info for CRS2008.. 

however, having just taken a look at the install guide for CRS2013 http://help.sap.com/businessobject/product_guides/crs2013/en/crs2013_install_win_en.pdf

i can see that there are documented silent-install switches for installing "IntegrationServers" to enable the component :  ○ BWPublisherServer (SAP BW authentication and SAP BW Publisher support) 

seems very strange that this isn't offered in the UI!

Regards,
H