cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How oracle views can be extract in data services

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

i have client and they have requirement of extract oracle views in bods can anyone suggest me how to do it or extract it from oracle to DS

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member213365
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I'm not sure what you mean.  Do you want to have a view in your Datastore?  If so, that is very easy.  Just import the view into your Datastore just like you do a table.  As far as Data Services knows, it is a table.  Inserting into it will be possible only if you set up the triggers on the view to allow for that.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jim

Yes you got my question can you please suggest me how to import view like table because i done it but i can not achieve appropriate output can you please help me  

former_member187605
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Oracle allows you to insert data into the underlying table through a view without any further measures, when the insert columns are limited to columns of a single underlying table.

former_member213365
Active Participant
0 Kudos

What type of view are you working with?  Is this a simple view, a multi-table view or perhaps you have a materialized view?

former_member213365
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I deal with views so infrequently that I had forgotten about that.  Thanks for the reminder.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jim,

I am working with multi-table view can you help that

Thanks for your valuable replies

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dirk,

Can you help me to create multiple table view

former_member187605
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Why don't you check the official Oracle documentation (CREATE VIEW)? There are several examples at the bottom of that page.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dirk,

I got my solution how to go for view in ETL thanks for help.

0 Kudos

It would be nice if you can put the solution.

In that way it will be helpful for others.