cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto trigger DEBMAS Idoc for a vendor change

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

We have a requirement in the MDG, that whenever the vendor is created or changed, we need to trigger 2 idocs to go to ECC system.

1) CREMAS : It contains the vendor details from MDG to ECC. So that same vendor gets replicated in the ECC

2) DEBMAS: It contains the details of vendor from MDG and fows to ECC. so that a customer gets created in ECC with the vendor details from MDG.

Using the DRFIMG, 'Replication via IDOC' is the approach available which will be used to trigger the CREMAS idoc automatically.

My question is how to trigger the DEBMAS idoc with the Vendor details.

Please share if anyone has came across this situation.

Regards,

Rohit Singh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member603451
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Rohit

if I understand correctly, the requirement is to have a vendor in MDG however when it goes in the ECC, it should also create a customer. See below link if this CVI setup helps you.

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-54287

Thanks

Rahul

michael_theis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rohit,

your requirement is only supported, if you create the customer master record in MDG, too. If you don't do this, you create inconsistent data. Your ECC system would contain more records than MDG is aware of. This is neither recommended nor supported by MDG. Kindly reconsider the implementation of your requirement.

Best regards

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

Its not about the incorrect implementation. This is the client requirement.

Governance is only happening for a Supplier in MDG, but they want a Customer Record & Vendor Record created in ECC for every Vendor created in MDG. I know its strange. but thats what they want.

But I am not able to perform this using DRF configuration.  Please let me know if it is possible or not possible at all.

Also, if that is not possible using DRF configuration, is there any other way, may be some BADI, where i can trigger the DEBMAS idoc alongwith CREMAS idoc.

Regards,

Rohit Singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you don't have a customer record in your MDG system, then, you can't trigger a customer IDOC. It is this simple.

Now, for your comment about "It is not the incorrect implementation. This is the client requirement", many clients will ask for the moon and your job is to educate your clients what a tool can and cannot do. MDG (or any ECC system) can't send a customer record if there is no customer!!

Any way, you can probably build a custom step in the workflow that calls a custom method or function module to create a customer based on the vendor that was created/updated. This way, your customer IDOC can be triggered.

Another solution will be to create a custom receiver function module which handles the vendor IDOC so that it creates a vendor the standard way and then creates a customer (sort of 2-in-1).

michael_theis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rohit,

as mentioned by Abdullah, the replication of a customer master data record requires the existence of customer master data in MDG. Otherwise MDG cannot support the replication.

From MDG's perspective, you need to:

1. Activate and configure (at least data replication) MDG-C.

2. Create a customer record on the fly (e.g. by adding a related role automatically) during vendor creation.

As a result MDG then takes care of sending both the vendor and the customer master.

Best regards

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abdullah,

Thanks for the Reply.

The link which you have provided is posting the CREMAS idoc. i have already done that.

The main question is, how to trigger the DEBMAS idoc using the same vendor details in MDG. Is is achievable ?

Regards,

Rohit Singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here it is: http://help.sap.com/erp_mdg_addon70/helpdata/en/32/793851fd167062e10000000a44538d/content.htm?frames...

A little navigation and search in help.sap.com would be a good idea.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abdullah,

Thanks for the reply, but i guess you are not getting the issue. According to my understanding :-

CREMAS is the idoc type which is used to send the vendor details whenever there is a change or new vendor created (using vendor details).

DEBMAS is the idoc type which is used to send the customer details whenever there is a change or new customer created (using customer details).

My requirement is to trigger both CREMAS & DEBMAS in MDG-S system when the Vendor is getting created.

To cut things short, Vendor in MDG system is the source for vendor & customer in ECC.

Regards,

Rohit Singh