cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Treasury flows in two currencies in one transactions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I am trying to create a transaction that is in EUR in a PLN company code to one business partner. I also customized a derived flow (tax on the interest) which has to be in PLN and alsdo paid in PLN to polish tax office. But I only get it posted to the Euro sub account 😞

Does anybody know what am I missing?

Thanks in advance and best regards

Melanie

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member566828
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Melanie,

could you please share what specific instrument - what Product type you are using?

Kind regards,

Renatas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Renatas,

this is customized as Intercompany Calll Money and Borrowing (money market) ; it is a Intercompany loan.

Best regards

Melanie

former_member566828
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Melanie,

I would raise 2 questions here:

• are you able to create major flows (like nominal increase, repayment, interest) in EUR (as far as I understand this is your requirement)?
  • what are the settings for these Flow types and Update types - are they relevant to posting?

Kind regards,

Renatas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Renatas,

please find here a screen shot of the flows I could create in my example. The flows are in Euro and I wanted the flow 1907 to be in PLN but didn't succeed.

Hereunder are the settings of the flowtype 1907

Best regards

Melanie

former_member566828
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Melanie,

indeed, I don't think you are able to configure via standard Customising settings as per your requirements - a derived flow in another currency (in your particular case in the derived flow in PLN vs other transaction flows in EUR). another business question here - what exchange rate should be applicable for a specific flow?

regarding the payment in another currency - I believe this is not that complicated, as you can create outgoing payments in a required currency (e.g. in PLN) and then clear a required treasury flow in another currency (e.g. in EUR) after posting (trans. code TBB1) with this outgoing payment - it is slight modification, as usually payment happens after the posting.

talking about the first part of the issue:

• check, maybe some OSS note exist on this issue;
  • if you have such an option, you can also consider to implement a User exit to handle your requirements - this requires additional resources, testing, etc.;
  • the last and probably least attractive option - handle these withholding taxes via Additional flows - a few advantages here - you have full flexibility in what currency, what amount, etc. to enter, it also can be done rather simply from the implementation point of view, however posses you into a situation of potential manual errors.

hope this will help you.

Kind regards,

Renatas