cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PMEVC calculations are not shown in planned order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts ;

I have a strange issue that I need help with please the multilevel characteristic values dependency

first I created Material Z Semi-finished with classification view which has 2 characteristics as shown below

then I created Material M KMAT with only one characteristic as shown

then I created the BOM for material M as shown

now I tested the variant with the dependency through PMEVC as following

check result

Now lets check the Planned Order

NOW IT GIVES A WRONG RESULT

CAN ANYBODY HELP ?????

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tried to work with class 300 but that also didn't work

is there any update ?

Best Regards

Ramy Sully

former_member184627
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ramy,

Try the below:

1. Assign the characteristic "Factor" to the class of the lower level material Z.

2. Then, add a procedure to Z, as $SELF.FACTOR = $PARENT.FACTOR

Then do the config & check the results after MRP run.

Regards,

Senthilkumar SD

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tried that but the same problem occurs the planned order not equal the simulation results

former_member184627
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ramy,

Ok. Lets check the below.

In the procedure assigned to the BOM component, remove the factor & enter the multiplication factor as 2. Let us see if the qty gets multiplied by 2 in the planned order.

Wanted to check that the dependency is being called in component qty calculation. If qty gets multiplied by 2, then the issue lies with the characterisitc factor in getting the values.

Also are you using strategy group 25 for header material?

Regards,

Senthilkumar SD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Senthilkumar ;

The problem I not with the characteristic Factor because it already assigned to the header material the problem is with reading the other 2 characteristics values (Size &  Volume ) that are assigned to the BOM items these values are not read when creating Planed order although it is read perfectly when simulating the material

Best Regards

Ramy Sully

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am using strategy 25 for the header material and also I tried strategy 26 but nothing new happened

former_member184627
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ramy,

Since size & volume are not passed to the planned order try this.

Assign SIZE1 & VOLUME1 to the class of the header material.

Create a procedure: $SELF.SIZE1 = $PARENT.SIZE1,

$SELF.VOLUME1 = $PARENT.VOLUME1

Assign this to the configuration profile of the lower material.

This should pass the values to the planned order.

Please check & let us know if you have any questions.

Regards,

Senthilkumar SD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Senthilkumar SD,

the lower materials are of class 001 that is why they have no configuration profile and by assigning the class type in the header material BOM it allows me to get the values for the characteristics assigned to the lower class in the simulation but not in the real planned order which should have the same values as the simulation

Best Regards

Ramy Sully

former_member184627
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ramy,

In the configuration profile do you have the BOM explosion None or Single level ?

Meanwhile I will try to create the scenario & check.

Regards,

Senthilkumar SD

Former Member
0 Kudos

actually in the configuration profile the BOM explosion is Multi level

former_member184627
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ramy,

Ok. Once the planned order is created, are the characterisitc values visible in the planned order ?

Also, in the codes did you try to replace Parent with Self for the factor.

Regards,

Senthilkumar SD

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Senthilkumar SD

the characteristic values are shown with the right values but the BOM quantities are not changed

also I tried changing the dependencies from $self to $parent and vise versa and changing the dependency makes no change in the values for both the simulation and the planned order

regards

Ramy Sully

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any help anybody

former_member184627
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is the dependency in released mode ?

Regards,

Senthilkumar SD

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes all dependencies are released

former_member184627
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you try to run MRP after configuring in the sales order & then check the planned order ?

I would to understand if it is the same value in the planned order generated after MRP run.

Regards,

Senthilkumar SD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes after the run of the MRP the Planned order get the same values without considering the dependencies calculations .

The right values are only calculated in the simulation using CU50 or PMEVC

Regards

Ramy Sully

former_member184627
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ramy,

Ok. I have worked on a similar requirement before. But all my characteristics were part of the class 300 & it worked out well.

The only diff is here you are picking up values from characteristics from class type 001. Will check & let you know.

Regards,

Senthilkumar SD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramy,

Kindly confirm your findings based on queries and I'm sure you would be able to get to the root cause of it.

In addition, you try to use $ROOT.FACTOR instead of $PARENT.FACTOR in your syntax (though this suggestion seems to be irrelevant since the syntax which works for sales order should also work for Planned orders too!!)

Regards

SD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Samier Danish I tried your suggestion as shown below

But it gives the same result

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramy,

The syntax written is not correct!!!

Please correct the syntax as:

$SELF.MENGE_QUNTITY = MDATA $SELF.MENGE_QUNTITY...........

I'm not telling that this syntax will solve the problem but we will be sure that syntax is not the issue atleast.

I hope you understand.

Regards

SD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Done but no difference

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramy,

Thanks for clarifications. Now, we are sure that syntax is not the issue. Then I suspect that it should be related to:

1. Class(es) being used.

2. The configuration profile. Are you using same profile for Sales order & Production order?

Regards

SD

Former Member
0 Kudos

I checked all the classes and the configuration profile and they are correct and the simulation through CU50 and PMEVC is correct but not in actual order that is the strange thing about the issue

Best Regards

Ramy Sully

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ramy Sully,

I can see a warning message in one of the screen shot saying , dependency attached is not relased, have you corrected it and then tested?

Also , how many classes are used in above scenario's? and what are there type & which characterstic they hold?

Whats BOM application maintained in configuration profile, I suggest maintain PP01 if its not there and then test, It may work.

Thanks

Ritesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ritesh Dube

I checked the warning and released the dependency but didn't make a difference

I am using 2 classes 1 added to the configurable material M with type 300 and with one characteristic called factor the other is added to the BOM Item Z with type 001 with two characteristics (size and volume ) where they have constant value on material Z of  size = (20) and volume = (9)

also I am using BOM application PP01 

thanks 

Former Member
0 Kudos

any help ??

Thanks

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ramy

The value you want to infer should ideally be AFPO-WEMNG and should not be SELF.MENGE_QNTITY. If you write your logic this way, it will become circular reference and you will never get your BOM quantity in the planned order.

So your dependency should be

$SELF.AFPO-WEMNG = MDATA..MENGE_QNTITY*$SELF.SIZE1*$SELF.VOLUME1*$PARENT.FACTOR

This should work

I have not concentrated on the syntax much. But this should be the logic.

also you should have AFPO-WEMNG as a reference characteristic in your material classification. Then your requirement will be functional

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Navaneetha Krishnan I tried another reference characteristic as you suggested as below

but no difference in the output