cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using IE8 and the ISA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We're upgrading to the latest release of ISA (7.3) and were told by SAP that IE10 is recommended, IE9 will be fine and IE8 is not supported. I found that strange since they do have a CSS file for IE8 (although there isn't much in there).

Some of our customers cannot upgrade from IE8.

We'll have a box running IE8 in the office and we'll test things ourselves but I was wondering if anyone has experience with such a set up and can tell me of any specific problems they've had.

Thanks in advance,

Patrick.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member193379
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Patrick,

You have make the changes in the below files

1. BrowserType.java (please check this file as it keeps an entry for browser type. If you don't find IE8 entry in this class then please update this class for IE8 entry.)

2. Stylesheet.java

3. *.tld (I don't remember the full name, but you can find it by searching stylesheet.* in *.tld file), you have to check here as well.

4. You already have IE8 file I assume all above entries should be there if not then check and make the changes as mentioned above.

5. Please compare IE8 css file with IE9 and you find there is a lot missing then take IE8's css code from you old ISA5.0 project and paste in your IE8 file.

Please let me know if you need further information.

Thanks,

Hamendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yeah, once we have the IE8 box up and running I'm sure we'll manage (we can always tell them to use compatibility mode and hope that just works); it might need some work here and there. I just wondered if anyone had actual experience with the specific setup.

Our old ISA5.0 doesn't have any IE8 CSS files (must be pretty old)... but we can probably copy over the old IE7 CSS and just have them use compatibility mode.

Thanks Hamendra,

Patrick.

former_member193379
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Patrick,

I have experience it couple of times while doing the upgrades.

If you don't have IE8's CSS then would be better to have the copy of IE7. IE8 file is already exist in your project and I don't think you would require major changes to it or it depends upon your branding/customization as well, how much branding you have done.

Please let me know if you need actual code changes for the same.

Thanks,

Hamendra

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member193379
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Patrick,

Before making any changes, please first check BrowserType java class as it keeps the entries of all the supported browsers and as I mentioned above if you are having IE8's CSS then I am pretty much sure this is supported and as per my understanding it is supported.

Thanks.

Hamendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Patrick,

ISA 7.3 supports IE 6.0 to 11.00, Firefox 35.0 and Chrome 40.00. For more details on which browsers are officially supported please refer to note 881967.

Please keep in mind that ISA has Extended Configuration Management (XCM) Administration interface which depends on HTML-Business for Java (HTMLB) framework. Therefore it is important to make sure that HTMLB is up to date on your NetWeaver AS Java. See note 2045339 for details.

Best regards,
Boulat