cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to set External Library DC's Public parts in NWDS 7.02

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have built DC of External Library in NWDS to include all the jar, required for WebDynpro Java Project in another DC.

As I need to make enable External Library type DC available to WD DC, looking for option to set Public Parts.

However, with NWDS 7.02, I am not seeing an option to set the public parts for External Library type DC.

Please let me know, how can I set the Public Parts for an External Library DC in NWDS.

This DC created, gets visible in Navigation Perspective only on NWDS, where I don't see DC Meta Data like section, as we see for WD DC type in Webdynpro Perspective of NWDS.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you have to follow this if you are on nw7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks. I have followed the same process.

However, I don't find defLib getting generated in J2EE Library as showed in step2.

I added the Public Parts of the Library DC to the J2EE DC's used DC section for build and runtime.

Then Build the J2EE DC.

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Create "J2EE Server Component / Library" DC

are you using the right dc type?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes. It is resolved now, after selecting the correct DC type

govardan_raj
Contributor
0 Kudos

hi RAVI,

open development configuration pesrspective , there you can open or expand the configuration in which this external lib exists, i,e Local Development etc.. and there you can find the DC meta data , and you can define your public part viz compilationPP and assemblyPP here .

Regards

Govardan Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, I was checking only on different View, not the Perspective's.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the Development Configuration perspective, I am not able to see the Component Properties view to set the Dependencies on selecting the DC.

However, I have added the Public parts of the Depended DC in the Used DC section.

But on Build, getting compile time exceptions as the class files of jar in the Dependency DC is not referenced.

govardan_raj
Contributor
0 Kudos

hi ravi ,

after creating public parts assemblyPP and CompilationPP , what you have to do is open wd perspective and go to navigator , right click the jar file , and go development component -> add to public part -->  here select assembly pp in the pop up wizard , and again do the same and select compilationPP , after this build the extlib dc , and now you can add this ext lib as used dc in another dc where you are in need of this jar .

http://scn.sap.com/people/bertram.ganz/blog/2008/11/24/how-to-use-external-jar-files-in-web-dynpro-d...

go thru this link it is explained clearly how to use external jar file in webdynpro java.

Hope this should solve your problem

Regards

Govardan raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I had gone through this link. I am trying to create Standalone library into AS Java Server. So, I can use it from other applications.

I have followed the same steps, created library with public parts and ear file.

I assume setting is same for using this in WD Java and Web Application.

However while deploying the Ear file, I am getting the error as below..

"None of the available containers recognized the components of the application.

Additional Info:  The achieve contains files normally handled by containers that are not currently operational on the server."

I am not able to deploy and consume it from required application to test if it references correctly or not.

govardan_raj
Contributor
0 Kudos

hi ravi ,

can you please post the complete error stack... what i can suggest is you need not create a EE dc for deploying this jar file , instead use the extlib dc as used dc in your wdc , i.e you have a webdynpro dc named as testdc , in which you have to use this jar file , then directly add the extlib dc as used dc here in the used dc part of the dc metadata .

and build and deploy the wdd testdc , you wil not face any errors but make sure every time you deploy the testdc you have to build and deploy the whole dc.

Regards

Govardan

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tested the same way, just add ext kibrary dc public parts as used dc reference of wd dc.

But when I build and deploy the wd dc, i get build with errors.

With errors , if try to run, I get the below run time error.

WDRunTimeException: Failed to create delegate for component <xy>. (Hint: Is the corresponding DC deployed correctly? Does the DC contains the component.