Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Boundary events

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

quick question:

What is the difference between those two boundary events?

Why has one the red dots around the circle and the other not?

In the properties both look the same...

Thanks in advance!

Best regards,

Thorsten.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member191044
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The one with the dots won't terminate you subprocess the other one will. Those are so called "critical" and "non critical" boundary events.

Regards,

Tobias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, Tobias. That's understood.

But why appears the same subprocess in two different ways?

Normally I define the boundary event based on the escalation end event, right?

For this subprocess it looks like that:

In my opinion the subprocess should be aleways displayed with the red dots as the "Terminating" checkbox is not ticked. Is that correct?

But why is it not the case for all instances of the subprocess?

Thanks in advance!

Best regards,

Thorsten.

former_member191044
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If this is the exact same event form the exact same subprocess, then it looks like a bug to me. I just checked it for one of our WFs and there is every escalation event with dots even if they are terminating. Seems like there is a viewing bug since the WF works as expected. So I do not care so much about that, if you do, you could try open a product error on help.sap.com and see what happens .

Regards,

Tobias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tobias,

If it's only a bug, then it's fine for me

I was just wondering why the boundary events appeared differently in my BPM model...

But thanks anyway for trying!

Best regards,

Thorsten.

volker_lehmann
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Thorsten,

if it is red than it means there is an error in the model detected, maybe the throwing event not matching the boundary event anymore or a type mismatch.

You should be able to see more details when looking into the problems/error log view or even by hovering over the boundary event.

I would also assume that you can not build this model anymore. My guess is that you modeled the boundary event, then changed the escalation type in the subprocess from non-critical to critical but did not update the boundary event at the catching process.

The dotted vs. solid line differentiates if is a non-critical or critical boundary event (defined by the escalation).

Best regards

Volker