SAP for Higher Education and Research Discussions
Spark conversations about student engagement, research optimization, and administrative efficiency using SAP in higher education and research. Join in!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inconsistencies during assignment of student number

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Consultants,

I am new for SAP SLCM, I have done all the configurations related to IMG and Program catalog. when I am trying to Create a student it gives an error like this.

"Inconsistencies during assignment of student number"

I have maintained all the settings related to employee number range assignments for students (as per BC sets standards). here it shows the only way is to maintain the number ranges,

Do I need to default the number ranges here like "SAP HCM" Organization management ??

where I  can do it in SLCM.

Kindly do needful.

Thanks & Regards,

Naresh

9 REPLIES 9

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

Kindly do needful, waiting for your suggestions.

Thanks & Regards,

Naresh 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

Kindly do needful, waiting for your suggestions.

Thanks & Regards,

Naresh 

michael_hobbins
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Naresh, seems like you need to check you number ranges. I imagine the link on the message to showed on the attachment should take you to the SPRO menu option I'm showing in the image below (or directly goto transaction OONR).

Cheers,

Michael

0 Kudos

Dear Michael,

Thanks for reply, I have maintained below settings in Number ranges,

I have a small doubt here, How I can assign this number ranges to specific Org Unit ?? (University)

kindly do needful.

Regards,

Naresh

0 Kudos

Hi Naresh,

org unit object is O. The three following images show you how we have it configured so you can compare/check:

Keep us updated if you are able to solve the problem.

Cheers,

Michael

0 Kudos

Dear Michael,

Thanks for quick reply, in our server it is maintained as shown below , I am not able to maintain as $$O,

and also find the details of 01O is

I am not able to maintain $$O or $$ST, error says there is no valid subgroup available. kindly do needful.

Thanks & Regards,

Naresh

0 Kudos

You should have a [New entries] button right on top of the Subgroup column to create new ranges

Michael

0 Kudos

Dear michael,

When I am going for new entry system is giving the error as

It says am not eligible to maintain like $$.

Kindly do needful.

Regards,

Naresh

0 Kudos

Hello Naresh,

I'm not sure how to handle this error. From the images we are exchanging, I can see that for the 3 objects you already have customized, you used "01" as subgroup instead of "$$" as we have. You could try with "01", but I can't foretell the outcome, sorry.

Michael