cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Global Definition in OEM Version

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gerben,

a customer of mine is using SAP CPS free of charge version. I recognize that it is not possible to define a Jobchain with an empty Step definition.

If I schedule this Chain I got the error message that I'm using an element which belongs to the GLOBAL partition and was addressed from the local partition.

I looked further and found out that it is also not possible to use the System_sleep definition in a JobChain which is not the GLOBAL partition.

If I schedule this definition separatly then it is working. But if I put this definition to a JobChain then the chain cannot be scheduled.

I put also the system Queue to the step for the system sleep.

In the OEM Version we can only define one Partition for one SAP System.

In this case we got two Process Server. One for the SAP System and a System Process Server

But it should be possible to use also GLOBAL elements in the own partition. This is working for the SAP Elements but not for the System elements.

Do you have an idea why I cannot use the System_sleep or System_doNothing in the OEM version?

With best regards

Alfred

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

gmblom
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Alfred,

Very interesting that you address the question directly to me.

But to answer the question: you can only use object from your own isolation group with the free of charge version. Does it work when you put regular abap job in the proces chain?

Regards Gerben

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gerben,

you give always wunderful answers

You are right that I can handle only objects in my own partition in the OEM Version.

But it is possible that I can create a JobChain which contains SAP_ABAPRUN and all other SAP objects which belongs to the GLOBAL partition. This objects are running on a Process Server which belongs also to my own partition and works fine.

But for some scenario like not fully defined Jobchains where you have only defined empty Steps for later fullfillment this is not working correctly in version CPS 9.0.

In this case an internal script System_doNothing is called and the chain got the status recalculating.

An also if you want to wait some time between steps the System_sleep cannot be used for the same reason.

I was wondering I can schedule the JobDefinition system_sleep from my own partition but I cannot use it in a jobchain.

Regards

Alfred

gmblom
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Alfred,

Is it possible you have created a sub chain without a name? These are currently saved in the GLOBAL partition, this will be fixed in a later version.

Regards Gerben

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gerben,

I have only defined a chain where step1 contains no definition. On step2 I have put a jobdefinition SAP_ABAPRUN.

Background for this action is that we define jobchains which will have all business steps. But in the first version some steps did not have a jobdefined yet. This will coming out later.

But it seems we cannot use this behaviour in an OEM version.

With best regards

Alfred