SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bonus Buy / Rebate in kind inclusive

matthias_b2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I wanted to create bonus buy conditions to implement rebate in kind, as stated in this scenario:

When buying 5 items “CUP OF COFFEE”, the customer should get one of the 5 items for free. So, he buys 5 items and receives 5 items, but only pays for 4.

I think this is referred to as rebate in kind inclusive.

Unfortunately I could not figure out how to implement this scenario with bonus buy.

I only could figure out how you implement rebate in kind, exclusive (see attached screenshot).

How can I create a rebate in kind inclusive with SAP Retail Bonus Buy?

Thanks a lot

Best,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matthias,

I might already state the obvious but I'd proceed as follows, in transaction VBK1 (see below image);

1 - select bonus type of type "N" (free-goods bonus buy)

2 - define all necessary condition header parameters (sales area etc.)

3 - define bonus buy article and set the following (in respective column order):

> Minimum Qty = 5 PC

> Free Goods Qty = 5 PC

> Qty for Free = 1 PC

> Free Goods Calculation  = 1 'inclusive'

(system calculates the bonus percentage as 20%)

Hope this helps!

Cheers,

Tomas

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matthias,

I might already state the obvious but I'd proceed as follows, in transaction VBK1 (see below image);

1 - select bonus type of type "N" (free-goods bonus buy)

2 - define all necessary condition header parameters (sales area etc.)

3 - define bonus buy article and set the following (in respective column order):

> Minimum Qty = 5 PC

> Free Goods Qty = 5 PC

> Qty for Free = 1 PC

> Free Goods Calculation  = 1 'inclusive'

(system calculates the bonus percentage as 20%)

Hope this helps!

Cheers,

Tomas

0 Kudos

Hi Tomas,

thank you very much for your quick reply. Unfortunately we have activated the Business Function:

ISR_RETAIL_BONUS_BUY

Therefore I have to use transaction “RDMBBY01” to create a bonus buy. The layout is as follows:

As you can see, there is no option for “free goods”. Did you work with the new transaction before? It has two parts, "Buy" and "Get". Buy indicates the products you have to purchase to get the discount indicated on the "Get" part of the transaction screen. However, I do not see any option to differentiate between inclusive and exclusive free goods.

The screenshot above shows an example for an exclusive rebate in kind. This means, if the buyer purchases 5 items, he gets a 6th item for free. But I need the 5th item to be free.

Any ideas?

Best,

Matthias

0 Kudos

Hello Matthias,

When you enter Buy side and Get side the same article, it is inclusive discount. You have already entered Buy side. In the Get side, enter 1 PC, Discount type: Discount Percentage, Value : 100, Currency/Percentage: %. So when you buy 5 PCs, you will get 1 PC of same item with 100% discount.

Thanks,

Venu

0 Kudos

Hi Venu,

thanks a lot. So in this case, the customer gets 5 pcs total (he buys 5 pcs and pays for 4 pcs)? Is this correct?

How does it work if I want the customer to get one additional pc (he buys 5, gets 6, but only pays for 5)? This would be "rebate in kind exclusive".

Do I then need to use the "Discount Price" in the "Get" part of the transaction?

Thanks again!

Best,

Matthias

0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I guess that Venu is right with logic to enter the free goods type of dicount (use 100% for Discount Percentage) and it is also confirmed in the following link to help.sap.com;

Retail, Bonus Buy with New User Interface

However, I am not sure that the fact of having the same article in BUY and GET sub-screens makes the bonus buy automatically inclusive. Documentation in transaction RDMBBY01 gives examples of many BB combinations but none of them is Matthias' case.

One similar talks about buying three different t-shirts and getting one of the for free; in this case SAP tells us to;

> create group of three t-shirts in BUY section with required quantity 2 PC (not three!)

> define one of the t-shirts in the GET section with 100% discount

=> this seems to be rather exclusive BB definition

I played with RDMBBY01 for a while and this is all I could understand (+ my rather negative feelings towards the transaction ). Even if it's not exactly the same case, I think that in RDMBBY01 logic the BUY part should have 4 PC, just to get back the CUP OF COFFEE..

..I'm gonna have one now!

Cheers,

Tomas

0 Kudos

Hi guys,

thanks for your effort.

I think I need to test it with a POS system to see how the system logic works.

But I found a BB use case in SAP Note 1458999:

* Buy X items from product group A, get Y items for U amount off

-> example: buy two kg of onions, get the second kg for €0.50 off

This seems to be exactly the case we are looking for, unfortunately no detailed description of the use case..

If I find out more, I will post it here.

Best,

Matthias