cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PLPO reference characteristics

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello at all.

I have created a referenced characterist to routing control key field. I hoped that during configuration its value was available into a procedure where I use it to made some consideration and inference other characteristc, but It seems that is not possible. If I track the procedure using trx CUTRACE the procedure tha use it it is interrupted completelly. Someone can help me to understand which are the PLPO field available via referenced characteristic into the procedure.

Thank you in advance.

Nicola Molinaroli

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (8)

Answers (8)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you a lot at all for your support and special thanks to Flavio.

My last issue was in wrong insertion of workcenters in table.

Now all works.

Best regards

Nicola

Flavio
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You are welcome, Nicola!

I am really glad that it works now.

Thanks and bye,

Flavio

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

nicola molinaroli,

If issue is solved , please mark the thread answered and close this thread.

Thanks

Ritesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you at all,

I don't think that the characteristic A_CDL is the problem because it's referenced to the work center too.

I'm convinced that the problem it's due the nearness operations to which the procedure is attributed. But, maybe I'm wrong.

Regards

Nicola

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you a lot Gurus,

I followed the suggestion of Flavio using MDATA statement, but it seems that doesn't completely work. I think that it's due because MDATA should be used to change a value and not to read its value. To make the test, I changed my initial reference characteristic A_SOTTO_OPERAZIONE because if it's not defined a sub-operation, for an operation, the procedure it's not executed and I have created a new referenced A_PLPO_STEUS to the control key of operation.

Briefly, this new referenced characteristic

This the new table:

This new dependency (New test section )

From CUTRACE seems that something is determined

But in my production order the work centers (A_CDL) are not really substituted.

Any further suggestion is appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

BR

Flavio
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nicola,

Thank you for the details.

Looks like the dependency is executing now, that's good.

Concerning the reason why the work center is not updated, we have to assume that the characteristic A_CDL is also a reference characteristic, for the PLPOD-ARBPL table field. Could you please check if this is correct?

If it is the case, then it should work.

I just tried the following in my sandbox system (different data with respect to yours, but same basics), and proved to be Okay.

I am having two reference char's:

PLPOD_STEUS for the control key (table PLPOD, field STEUS)

PLPOD_ARBPL for the work center (table PLPOD, field ARBPL)

a variant table named A_TEST as follows:

a procedure as follows:

and finally the result in the routing is this one, as expected:

here the tracing:

I really hope this could help.

Thanks again and bye,

Flavio

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nicola,

The issue is with your syntax. It should be TAB_CDL = $SELF.TAB_CDL, not TAB_CDL = $SELF.A_CDL.

Please check and revert back with your findings.

Regards

SD

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As mentioned by Flavio, the characteristic A_CDL should be a reference characteristic with PLPOD-ARBPL as the field. That is the only problem. If this is taken care, the dependency will work fine.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sarmier,

my problem doesn't regard the characteristic A_IMPIANTO_CCO but the referenced one A_SOTTO_OPERAZIONE that seemsiIt's not taken into consideration during the procedure executions and that determinates its interruption. In any case I have tested your suggestion but the issue still remain.

Results of it's execution. The error still remain.

Thank you in advance for any further support.

BR

Nicola

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nicola,

Thanks for trying with my suggestion too.

Can you let us know which table/field you have used for reference characteristic? Screenshot of the reference characteristic would be better. Can you show us the entire procedure you have written as well as table A_IMPIANTO_CCO with their contents, if possible?

Awaiting your reply in this regard.

Regards

SD

Flavio
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nicola,

If the characteristic A_SOTTO_OPERAZIONE is a reference characteristic, then I believe it should be suffixed by MDATA, that is, in your procedure, the line 70 should look like the following:

A_SOTTO_OPERAZIONE = MDATA A_SOTTO_OPERAZIONE,

I do hope this could be of any help.

Thank you and bye,

Flavio

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Samier,

This my procedure applied to a production order operations to sobstitute the work center (A_CDL)

CUTRACE: the result of procedure executions A_SOTTO_OPERAZIONE is ignored.

This the detail of referenced characteristic ( in this case referenced to suboperation) taht is not taken into consideration during the procedure execution.

Best regards.

Nicola

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nicola,

You need not write A_IMPIANTO_CCO=$ROOT.A_IMPIANTO_CCO, instead A_IMPIANTO_CCO=A_IMPIANTO_CCO will suffice.

Kindly check and revert back to us if error still persists.

Regards

SD

Message was edited by: Samier Danish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello at all.

I have tried to define the referenced characteristic to PLPOD also, following the procedure that use it via CUTRACE that is ignored and procedure is interrupted.

Regards.

Nicola

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Nicola,

Please paste the screenshots of the procedure syntax which you have used as well as CUTRACE for our reference.

Regards

SD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nicola

The table is PLPOD and fields which can be used for reference are:

• LAR01-06
  • VGW01-06
  • VGE01-06
  • ARBPL
  • LTXA1, LTXA2

Kindly revert back to us for any further issues you are facing.

Regards

SD

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Use PLPOD instead of PLPO. You will have this table accessible inside VC set up and you can read them in procedures.