Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to bring Profit center field in to asset master

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

We are having new GL Profit center scenario active. My question is

1.How to bring Profit center field in to Asset Master?

I am not finding the field"Profit Center" under the configurations step Asset Accounting>Intergration with GL Accounting>Additional Account Assignment objects>>Activate Account assignment objects.

I know how to do it if it the Profit center field appears in the above step.HOW TO INCLUDE in the above step??Is there any prior activity I need to do?

2.If I could see the Profit Center field in the above step,then I can add it in T Code ACSET and select the field in Asset Screen Layout,so that it can come up in Asset Master.

If question#1 can be answered it will be great.

thanjs

hinfi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Until some years ago Profit Center did not exist in FI-AA master data. The Profit Center was derived from other objects (like the cost center) during posting, but there was no way to enter a Profit Center directly in the asset.

Asset master data has been enhanced with EHP 5 to contain also fields for Profit Center and Segment. To make use of that functionality you need to activate the Business Function for "Segment Reporting" as explained in the Link posted by Jayj before.

Once Business Function "Segment Reporting" is active, you will be able to make ACSET settings for the Profit Center like for the other account assignment objects. Without the Business Function the field does not exist in asset accounting and therefore you cannot find it in customizing.

Regards, Michael

shanid_mp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

To activate the 'segment reporting' for asset first PC reorganization business function 'FIN_GL_REORG_1' should be activated, then only segment reporting activation will be displayed in IMG.

Regards

SMP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks all for your response.This answers my question.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

jayj07
Active Participant
0 Kudos