Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor performance of Analysis for OLAP with SAP BW BEx on HANA

Donatas
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

Our SAP BusinessObjects Analysis for OLAP application demonstrates very poor performance when used with SAP BW BEx query on HANA.

We are using SAP BusinessObjects BI 4.1 SP04 Analysis for OLAP application against SAP BW (7.3 SP11) BEx query on HANA (1.07). When we open an Analysis for OLAP Workspace in BI Launch Pad, fill in the BEx prompt values and execute it the first results are returned in a couple of minutes. The same BEx query when used directly returns the results in a matter of 10-15 seconds. Also I have done some comparable tests - I have created an Analysis App from this Analysis for OLAP Workspace, then opened this Analysis App in SAP Design Studio and saved it backed into BI Launch Pad. This SAP Design Studio Analysis App (converted from Analysis for OLAP Workspace) also has opened and retrieved the data in BI Launch Pad in a matter of 30 seconds (mainly because after conversion from Analysis for OLAP into Analysis App it contains 7 same data sources pointing to the same BEx query).

After searching the SAP Support Portal I have found several similar cases about problems with performance of Analysis for OLAP (0001733169, 0001762752, 0001934711, 0001955647) but unfortunately none of those Notes can be applied in our case.

Looking forward your feedback and insights on this issue.

Thank you in advance.

Regards,

Donatas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

I_MCA
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello Donatas

My apologies for the inconvenience. Can I ask you to contact our Support organization please. They will need to capture some trace logs to determine what is causing the additional delay.

Kind Regards

Donatas
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello, Ian,

Thank you for your prompt feedback. I will forward your suggesstion to support consultants.

Best regards,

Donatas

Answers (0)