cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP HANA Output Adapter requires an ODBC connection to function?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Version ESP SP08 latest PL (but same in SP09).

Version: 5.1.08.04/20150106.1/SP08 PL04/winnt/x86_64/64-bit/OPT/Tue, Jan 06, 2015  8:35:48 PM

What is required to be able to connect to HANA with the HANA output adapter?

The SP08 Manuals says:

Make sure that the Data Service has the ODBC Driver Library set correctly. Always use esp_db_odbc_lib for Windows (regardless of version). On other platforms, use esp_db_odbc64_lib if you are working with the HANA adapter. If not, the choice of driver library depends on the size of SQLLEN in the driver manager. If SQLLEN is 4 bytes, use esp_db_odbc_lib. If SQLLEN is 8 bytes use esp_db_odbc64_lib.6.2 Loading a Data Service

However when I use  esp_db_odbc_lib I'm gettin a architexture mismatch error from Windows

With esp_db_odbc64_lib the generic db_in and db_out seem to work but the HANA output adapter gives error:

>>>

| 3580 | container | [SP-3-148011] (2.182) sp(4952) ConnectionWriter(HANA_Output1) connection reset error: 2015-02-17 09:49:30 The service name in the adapter properties is not configured as an ODBC service. The SAP HANA Output Adapter requires an ODBC connection to function.

Unable to get connection to the database.

<<<

What could be the problem of this error message?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

RobertWaywell
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Do you have the HANA database client installed on the ESP server and an ODBC connection defined?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes,

The generic db_in and db_out database adapters are able to conect using the same odbc DSN, but

not the HANA output adapter ; that fails.

RobertWaywell
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Which version of the HANA Client do you have installed? The 64-bit version or the 32-bit version?

It is important that the HANA Client version matches your ESP install version in terms of being 64-bit or 32-bit. Basically the 64-bit version of ESP can't work with a 32-bit DSN and a 32-bit version of ESP can't work with a 64-bit DSN.

In testing this, I initially had the 32-bit HANA ODBC driver and 64-bit ESP, which wouldn't work. After installing the 64-bit HANA Client and creating a 64-bit DSN using the Windows ODBC Administrator 64-bit, then I was fine.

Interestingly, either version of the Driver Library worked - esp_db_odbc_lib or esp_db_odbc64_lib worked for Discovery once I was using a 64-bit DSN.