Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UWL Forward work item. List of possible user is empty

joseph_fryda2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the UWL I want to forward a work item to an othe user.

When I try to select the user, the system give an error message and no user is found.

Regards,

Joseph

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member188487
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check the following notes:

1814163 - Configuring the Enhanced People Picker for the Universal Worklist (UWL)

1904930 - An existing user, searched by the full display name, is not shown in the search result in UWL

Thanks and regards,

Lorraine

joseph_fryda2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Lorraine,

the note 1814163  is not released.

Do you have it? Can you send it to me?

thanks,

Joseph

troy_cronin2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Joseph

I hope you are well and many thanks for using the SAP Discussion Forums .

In relation to the scenario that you have described. Two additional core documentation notes for this particular scenario which will also prove useful are outlined below for your convenience:

SAP Note: 1671426 - UWL People Picker does not show users' details

SAP KBA: 1940969 - User search for substitution rules doesn't work - No search results displayed with error message "No Name found for:(Username).

Now regarding the scenario. Could you please check and see if the UME action UWLSearchUnrestricted is added, maintained and configured for the user who is trying to search:

To add this parameter do the following (in Identity Management):

1. First create a role or a group.
2. For example you may create and name the role: SearchUWLUnrestrictedRole.
3. Now add the UME Action UWLSearchUnrestricted to the new role created.
4. Now add the role or group to the user(s).
5. This grants the user rights to search in all companies in the UME.
6. Without this parameter, the user can search in their assigned company ONLY.
7. With nothing assigned, for example, no company, and no UWLSearchUnrestricted UME action, the end user will see no names within the People Picker.  The People Picker will remain blank. You can use the uwlSearchUnrestricted parameter.  With this parameter you or a test user should be able to see the user being searched ONCE the connector is working accordingly.

** SAP Notes **

SAP Note: 1814163 - Configuring the Enhanced People Picker for the Universal Worklist (UWL)

SAP Note: 1671426 - UWL People Picker does not show users' details

The Universal Worklist uses UME display name to create the list in the people picker. Kindly see following article:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwce711/helpdata/en/e4/c016987fbca343801d41096f124ec4/frameset.htm

Kindly update me as per your findings.

Kind Regards

Troy Cronin - Enterprise Portal Support Engineer

Follow

joseph_fryda2
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Troy,

Thank you for your clear explanations it works fine

Regards,

Joseph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for the explanation Troy. After upgrade from EP 7.0 EhP2 to 7.4 Sp12, we too started facing the same problem in SRM UWL- both for substitution rule and forwarding a work item were not working for people finder.

Your solution of : adding the UME Action UWLSearchUnrestricted to the role helped us solve the problem.

Thanks.

Sonali.

troy_cronin2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Joseph

Absolutely no problem at all it was my pleasure to help out and I'm glad that everything is now operating accordingly.

If you have any Portal queries/comments or issues down the line please feel free to reach out to me directly and I will help out wherever possible

Kind Regards & All The Best in the Future.

troy_cronin2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sonali

Many thanks for the response and update and that is great news I'm glad to hear everything is now setup and functioning without any issues.

If you have any queries down the line let me know and feel free to reach out to me regarding the Enterprise Portal and any queries/issues you might have as I would be glad to help out

Kind Regards & All The Best in the Future.

Answers (0)