cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$ttps QUICKINFO text in spool file

william_jones1
Discoverer
0 Kudos

I have a text in some spool files which are created by COPA reports (KE30). The text comes from SAPMKCBE and is generated by a write statement with a quickinfo text. The text has hex escape characters around it and then $ttpsDivision by 0$ttpe.

It doesn't show in graphical display, but can be seen in raw and hex display.

The problem comes when converting the spool to a pdf because the text is picked up and ruins the document layout.

This only happens in the production system, in other systems the unwanted text is not written to the spool file.

I don't find any difference in SAPMKCBE, so I think it must be in the process which puts the list into the spool. Any suggestions on where to look would be welcome.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

alexander_bolloni
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello William,

can you post a hex or raw display of the piece of the spool list in question from SP01?

Alex

william_jones1
Discoverer
0 Kudos

I no longer have access to that system, however I did eventually find the cause.

It's a user-specific print parameter called 'Spool list with structure information'. When set to yes It causes hidden, embedded data such as quickinfo texts to be included in the spool file. The graphical display doesn't show it in the spool but it can be seen in hex/raw displays and emerges when converting to PDF documents. The parameter is stored in cluster table TPRI_DEF. It can be maintained by the user during the print dialog or by utility program RSPRIPARADMIN.

Answers (0)