cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

postal code in sap crm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everybody.

I have a problem with address - sap cuts 1st digit into postal code. My address - Kazakhstan, and in country we have Atyrauskaya region, whish has a postal code 060000. but when i would like to check correctness of entered address and push "check address" button. When in postal code field code should appear. But it works incorrect, because instead of 060000  it gives 60000 - cuts first zero.

Can anybody has the same thing and to fix  it? I found check rule for country in t005 table but do not know what to do. Now for Kazakhstan check rule is #4. Maybe this  could resolve a problem?

Thank you

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ayrat,

Goto SPRO->SAP Netweaver->General settings->Set countries->Set country-specific checks and check for the following setting for country 'KZ'.

Postal code length should be '6'.

Thanks & Regards

Richa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ayrat,

Please follow below IMG path to change the setting.you need to search for country KZ and double click on the entry

Thanks,

prem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Now I am playing with rules( use 9 now) and the length for postal code is 6 digits

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, i know, thank you.
But i already done it. This is my picture:

Length is 6 digits. And now I am using rule 9. In adrc taшиду postal code is also 60000. When I am trying to write 060000 and save, in the field first zero disappears. Do not know what to do.

Thank you so much 

Former Member
0 Kudos

in adrc table, of course

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ayrat,

The postal code length 6 and rule 4 should work as we have the scnario where the leading 0 is also needed to display and the setting is working fine.

postal code is a char10 field so zero suppose not to remove if has rule 4.

Thanks

prem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Now I use rule 4 but then i try to set value 060000 and save, it cuts zero. Example

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ayrat

If you're saving the value into a custom table, you may need a developer to investigate.

Also the field definition may need to be change to that of a character type.

Regards

Arden

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes, i need a help of developer unhappily. But thank you very much

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ayrat,

all the best it should work now. just one more thing I would like to add  here. In case you used a custom field and it's numeric the preceding zero will be removed automatically and in case character than please ask the developer to debug. I have a strong feelingsomewhere in the logic through conversion routineleading zero is getting removed by purpose.

Thanks,

Prem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you to your help. I already said to developer. I will write a result here after correction

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ayrat,

Could you please check the rule as per given below setting for postal code and than test.

Thanks,

Prem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Which t-code do you use?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Maybe another thinks?
I will try to play with rules

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK

Good Luck, my next recommendation was rule #6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nothing works. Probably, you khow the plaсe, where  the postal codes are?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ayrat

When the Address is saved into Table ADRC, is the postal code there also missing the leading zero.

To locate the entry, using the BP Number in BUT021_FS, use the address number value from there to get to ADRC.

Regards

Arden

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ayrat

Have the Postal Code length set as 6 and I'd try using rule #5.

Regards

Arden

Former Member
0 Kudos

unfortunatelly, nothing changed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Execuse me, but do you know  how to create maybe some check rule for certain field in z-table  with integer value inside if the entered value into this field is less than 6 digit, add additional zero digit before the value. For example I have a postal code 060000 for some area in Kazakhstan but then I write 060000 and click save button first zero disappears. The fields type is integer. Thank you

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ayrat

I think you're going to need a developer to build in the validation checks you require.

Regards

Arden