Career Corner Discussions
Join the conversation in the Career Corner group to ask career-related questions, find approaches to building skills, and seek career advancements.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Career shift from Sales Manager to SAP Consultant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am a sales professional with over 6 years of experience in Account Management and Business Development in IT.

Currently I want to explore my options in functional consultant role in SAP. I have a few questions if they can be answered:

1. Does the functional consultant role involve technical coding knowledge?

2. Is SD my only option at this age (30) to choose a module?

3. How much would a course in any of the modules cost? (approximately)

4. Does having a certification from SAP on the module increases job prospects and adds weight to my current job experience?

5. Is SAP consultant a well paid job?

Regards,

Siddharth

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siddharth,

1. Functional consultants will not involve in any coding but you have to understand the concept of programming and how it works in business scenarios.

2. Age is not a factor in choosing the module. Based on your domain experience you can choose the module and in the areas you hold strong domain knowledge.

3. SAP Authorised institutes in India will cost for training upto  3.5 to 4 lacs which includes certification. Also some non authorised institutes will cost around 10 to 20k for each module.

4. Certification is a weightage for your career but it will not help you in getting a job unless you have SAP prior experience as per current market conditions. But wherein some companies are recruiting freshers with SAP certifications.

5. Finally at the end money matters . Yes, SAP professionals are highly paid consultants across the world based on their experience and skills.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Siddharth,

You could also opt for project management and don't forget SAP CRM which has a large presales and sales component.

Best regards,

Thomas