Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in BPM interface

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

Hello Experts,

I am having an error in one of BPM processes, I am using PI 7.31 single stack.

Below is the error which I am getting.

Mapping failed

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Value of
many-valued property must not be null

com.sap.mapping.lib.execution.api.exception.TExecutionException:
Cannot process assignment

at RelayTransformer, SetIntegrator,
DisjunctionExpander( TerminalPart:assignment )

Can you please help me with this issue?

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

Hi Shivraj,

sorry for delay.

Your issue happens because the output of the corresponding web service operation does not match the structure of the output mapping.

Here there are two root causes:

A. Known bug:

After upgrade to 731 SP14, some process instances are no longer working properly.

You have defined an WSDL with some string fields. Now when you send a  message to BPM system the end tags for string fields are missing in the message payload generated in the BPM process and you get an error in the BPM system saying that the message is not valid.

This is a subsequence of the change from SAP Note  2030816 -
Default value for 'string' type was changed to protect customers from NPE.

The SDO implementation was changed to behave according to the specification.
However that causes issues with the customers’ scenarios and use-cases.

A note with a fix was released for this issue. Please see note:

2158212 - SDO produces empty XML element for mandatory fields

B. Case A is not your case, then you need to get the output payload from the web service execution and check if the returned payload matches the structure of the output mapping.

e.g.

In the resulting payload file you see that an ID element of a node is represented as a string there, however in the corresponding output mapping in the process design the ID element is of complex type with cardinality 1..1.

In order to fix your processes you could do this two things:

B.1. To fix the web service operation output so the returned payload matches the structure of the output mapping

B.2. To redesign the process by reimporting the corresponding changed WSDL and adjusting the mappings.

Hope this helps other customers too 🙂

Regards,

David.

vijay_kumar49
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Shivraj,

The exception you are getting is related to the mapping between the nodes, check the mapping in your BPM process, Weather BPM output is mapped with context node and check the node cardinality should be same while mapping to other node

Regards

Vijay Kalluri

ROHITGERA1
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi shivraj,

Just check your input and output mapping for flow Object like human activity , automated activity , and mapped the required field with same data type.