cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create the OUTPUT DEVICE to display the Adobe interactive PDF form.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Actually we have installed SAP ADS 7.4 ON SAP NetWeaver 7.4 JAVA STACK HUB SYSTEM.

I did the configuration as per the SAP Standard documents.

I want to display the forms in  PDF format. So I created one Output Device in SPAD with the Device type: PDF1, Device Class: Standard printer,

Host Spool Access Method: G:Front End Printing with Control Tech, Host printer: __Default.

Please find the attachments for my output device settings and let me know is there any changes need to be done.

Your help will be appreciated.

Thanks&Regards,

Ravikiran.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Laszlo_B
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ravikiran,

• for ADS (Adobe Document Services) PDF preview the more important part is the configuration of the ADS service itself. You can check whether ADS correctly works with Report FP_TEST_00: Go to transaction SE38 and start Report FP_TEST_00. You can leave the selections on default value - and after you executed the report, you can enter the name of the Output Device on the R/3 printer popup.
  • for SAPScripts / SmartForms you can use the PDF Preview if you select Goto -> PDF Preview in the "regular" preview. ADS is not used in this case in the standard scenario.

Best regards,

Laszlo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Laszlo,

Thanks for your reply.

While I am testing the report FP_PDF_TEST_00 in SE38 the ABAP connection in ADS is working(Version information is generating).

While I am testing the report FP_TEST_00 in SE38 with above mentioned output device I am getting the below error.

ADS: com.adobe.ProcessingException: com.adobe.Processin(200101)

Could you please confirm me whether it is ADS Configuration issue or Output Device defined is not correct.

Thanks&Regards,

Ravikiran.

Laszlo_B
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ravikiran,

unfortunately this error message can have various reasons - and not because of the Output Device, it is more likely an ADS configuration problem.

As a first step you can check whether ADS is correctly configured, SAP Note #944221 - Error analysis for problems in form processing shows the basic steps to ensure correct ADS functionality.

If all points from this Note have passed yet FP_TEST_00 is still failing, you can ask the Space http://scn.sap.com/community/interactive-forms-by-adobe for further tips, as this Space handles ADS-related problems.

Best regards,

Laszlo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Laszlo,

Thanks for your quick reply.

I will check the total  Adobe Document Services Configuration.

Thanks&Regards,

Ravikiran.

Answers (0)