cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to clear ITS memory?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello SCN community,

do you know if it's possible to clear the ITS memory in SAP Gui?

We're experiencing some problems with it and would like to clear the whole memory of the ITS.

I couldn't find a solution for this, there are no open sessions so I assume something is left over from older sessions.

Thank you

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member194364
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Nicolai,

ITS Memory is cleared from transaction SITSPMON, but I am not sure this will resolve the issue

you are experiencing?

The ITS Sessions can also be seen in transaction SITSPMON but if you want to action on them this will have to be done from SM04

Regards,

Oisin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Oisin,

thank you for your response.

Well I've tried to empty the template caches for example but it doesn't change the available memory.

I've also deleted all user sessions and I still had just about 30MB available memory (from 255MB ITS size).

I don't know why that happened and still happens, that's why I was asking for a way to force the memory to be cleared.

former_member194364
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nicolai,

This means that your em global area memory is been used elsewhere(outside of ITS) if you are seeing

30MB available memory from 255MB in transaction SITSPMON when no ITS Sessions are actually been logged onto the system.

You will most likely have to increase the em/global_area_MB parameter.

em/global_area_MB is a part within the whole memory area for a process.

This Memory area is restricted by the parameter em/address_space_MB.

if you increase the parameter em/global_area_MB you may also have to

increase the parameter em/address_space_MB.

Regards,

Oisin

cris_hansen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Nicolai,

You can try report RSMEMORY for having more information about where the memory is being consumed. If your Netweaver release is a newer one (7.40, with kernel 7.42, for example), then you will see even more information.

You should also consider implementing SAP note 2127955 (SITSPMON: fixed memory footprint calculation).

Regards,

Cris

Add note link. Message was edited by: Oisin ONidh ITS SCN Moderator