Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP PLM 7.02 -Objects in Engineering Record

former_member223190
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello All

To get objects(materials) in ER, I am using the method lo_ecr_bo .

But due to some performance issue , I need to replace this method in the code by

defining the relation between materials and ER through tables.

Please, can please let me know the  table that gives the relation between material and Engineering Record.

Thanks & Regards

Satish

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

abhishek_gupta2
Participant
0 Kudos

Satish ,

You shall not change the code and store the relation of change items and ECR in a custom table . This might create erroneous data . Case Management is stable and I have been using it for last 3-4 years .

I have not seen specific performance issue as long as you work with single instance of Engineering Record . Also you will not be able to locate the tables as relations are stored in case management databases .

Best approach would be to locate the other reason for slow performance .

Good Luck !!

Former Member
0 Kudos

The change items on an Engineering Record are saved as Case Management records. At the lowest level database tables are involved but you can't query them directly because the key values and relations between them are too complex, e.g. declared in XML. For reference see interface IF_SCMG_CASE_API. Instead, I would try to find the cause of the performance issue, I doubt it's in the standard API provided by SAP. We haven't had any performance issues with up to 200 objects on an Engineering Record.