cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CoA (QC01)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

I have a simple question for your level. I want to extend a material to another plant (also Inspection characteristic & Inspection Plan). Is it necessary to create another certificate QC01, or it will work with the previous ?

Thanks in advance,

Stratos

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Additionally, you can (most of the times) get to know whether something is plant specific or not just by looking into the transaction steps only. If you haven't enter plant value anywhere, it's not plant specific.

And you don't put plant value anywhere while creating the CoA profiles.

ntn

Former Member
0 Kudos

if you have 100 certificates with characteristic plant = 1000, you have to create again with the new plant (8000) if you choose to re-create the characteristics in the new plant (and also maintain them in inspection plans).

I don't understand the BUSINESS PURPOSE of creating characteristics at plant level at all.

Thanks in advance,

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I believe it was a hold over from the original R2 systems before QM was actually fully integratged with the batch classification system.  It's why we need to link MIC's with General Characteristics.  The millions of lines of code make it difficult to undo this now.

Since you can re-use the same MIC's in the ANY plan, anywhere, you DO NOT need to create all new cert profiles!  It's why MOST QM folks will recommend you create ONE set of MIC's in ONE central plant and use them throughout your system.

If someone designed your system the way you described, it's because you got bad advice early on.

There are cases where you might create separate MIC's in separate plants but when doing so it should be understood why and the full ramifications of that decision.

Craig

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for the explanation !

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The COA is meant to be a global object if at all possible.  It depends on how the characteristics are set up.  If you have one set of MIC's maintained globably,  you shouldn't need any additional COA profiles.

Craig

poovancheerirajendra
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

If you are using different characteristics / Plant then you have to create new profile.

Former Member
0 Kudos

characteristics are the SAME. do i have to extend the characteristics  & also Inpsection plans  to the new plant ?

exaple

characteristic   plant

ph                    1000

ph                    8000

Inpsection plan      plant

125                         1000 (characteristics at 1000) 

251                          8000 (chararacteristics from 1000 or 8000 ?)

Thanks in advance,

poovancheerirajendra
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

Same MIC you can use for different plant, but Inspection Plan should be plant specific.

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks,

if the characteristics have the same functionality for different inspection plans (based on plant level) then why the characteristics have plant level ?

Regards,

Martin_H
Contributor
0 Kudos

Because SAP has designed them that way.

MH

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Inspection plans do not have to be plant specific.  One plan can be globally used.  One set of MIC's can be used. MIC's should, if at all possible be created in ONE plant globally.

Just assign the materials to the plans in the material assignment screen with plant ID's.

Craig