Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enhancement: Add additional fields in the layout of IW38 after execution.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

I am trying to add two additional column fields, T001W-NAME and T499S-KTEXT, into the column set. The steps are as follows:

After executing IW38, you get some list. Press Ctrl + F8 or click the icon on the top right next to "Operations".

The following screen looks like this:

I would like to add the two fields I mentioned earlier into the column set as they are not default. How can I go about this?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Jim,

You need to have an append structure in the Structure RIHAUFK_LIST, in a similar way explained in Step4 of the is document

Just now I appended one of your fields T001W-NAME1 and it is appearing like below in IW38. But what values you are expecting under this field/s you know  better and you need to manage.

KJogeswaraRao

5 REPLIES 5

jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Jim,

You need to have an append structure in the Structure RIHAUFK_LIST, in a similar way explained in Step4 of the is document

Just now I appended one of your fields T001W-NAME1 and it is appearing like below in IW38. But what values you are expecting under this field/s you know  better and you need to manage.

KJogeswaraRao

0 Kudos

One more question. How can I link my field to table t001w? Under component type in the append structure, only accepts "Name1", what I'd like is something like "t001w-name1" so that it get the correct short description, data etc.

Thanks

0 Kudos

You can not refer fields in the format table-field in the structures. You can only give Data element, which is Name1 here. so it clearly tells that you need to connect to the data you are expecting in this field. For that you need to explore. I was just answering to you query  about how to get an additional field to IW38 ALV.

You might need to extract your required data (from the tables T001W etc) in to Custom fields using screen-exits (IWO10018) into IW31/32/33 as explained in the document referred earlier, where you need to give the logic to have the values you want into these fields. The other option is to have these 2 custom fields as explained in the document and give values manually while creating/editing (IW31/32) the Order.

0 Kudos

Also have a look at this thread

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mr. Kavala,

Thank you very much for your help and guidance. I think I can make the necessary links to display the data I need.

Best,

Jim