cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error while starting NWDS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am running NWDS 7.31 with JDK 1.6_0_26.

While opening NWDS, in error log i am getting an error like...

"VariableBlock: Classpath variable with null value: SAP_SYSTEM_ADD_LIBS"

Please help...

Thanks in Advance,

Regards,

Alex

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

what the project you are editing? where you get that project?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jun,

When i open nwds, i was getting this error.

But after a system restart, it started working. Now its not showing that error.

Regards,

Alex

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

can you try these?

• Right click on your project  - Repair --  Project Structure and Classpath (this is available if it is about a wd java application and you are in Webdynpro perspective: Window -- Open Perspective -- Other... --> Web Dynpro)

• Also what happens if you add this variable ? Right click on the project --> Properties --> Java Build Path --> click on Add Variable ... is it already on the list? If not, can you add and set a folder for it.

• You can also check the <workspace>/.metadata/.log file to see whether there are additional error messages in there that can give an idea.

• You can also switch on the "Problems" view: Window -- Show View -- Other... -- Problems. Can you see the same error in that list ? If yes what happens if you right click on it and trigger "Quick fix" option (if it is available and not grayed out)?

• Another useful view is the Error log: Window -- Show View -- Other... -- "Error Log". Perhaps there you see also additional information that helps to resolve the problem.

I hope one of this helps.

Cheers,

Ervin