cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fiori - Issue with Create Sales Order App (Error due to Document Type)

0 Kudos

Hi,

Unable to resolve this error on SAP Fiori App for Creating a Sales Order on click of 'Checkout' button. At first this looks to be a configuration issue (it may still be one).

I also debugged the standard code to conclude that the Create Sales Order Simulation BAPI throws the below shown error.

What's more surprising is that the configuration for the Document Type is already present in the system. Please refer screenshot below from the Transaction Code - VOV8.

Which further increases my confusion as to where exactly the error lies.... functional side or technical side. Help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Vaibhav

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vaibhav,

Did you get a chance to complete the configuration going into SIMGH trasaction?

1. Call transaction SIMGH and open the Create Sales Orders node to configure user information parameters of the Customizing activity Define Configuration Parameters:
    • Document Type (DOCTYPE)By default, the app uses the standard order (TA/OR). Changing this to another document type may significantly impact the functionality of the application.
    • Order Period (ORDPERIOD)Defines how many days into the past sales orders are retrieved. The suggested value is 30 days.
    • Search Period (SEAPERIOD)Defines how many days into the past a search must look for sales orders that match the search criteria. The suggested value is 90.
    • Ship To Party (SHIP_TO/PARTNER_ROLE)Defines which partner role in the customer master is used for the ship-to party. The suggested value isWE.
    • Forwarding Agent (FORWARDING_AGENT/PARTNER_ROLE)This defines which partner role in the customer master is used for the forwarding agent. The suggested value is SP.

Among these parameters DOCTYPE is mentioned. I am just mentioning to make sure you have done it and here you need to make sure the sales order doc type which you are using is mentioned.

Hope that was of help,

Gautam

0 Kudos

Gautam,

Below is the configuration previously present in the system... Please let me know if something is acting against working of the standard Fiori App.

Thanks,

Vaibhav

Former Member
0 Kudos

This seems fine and from your BAPI simulation error, it looks like the order in backend itself is throwing an error. Can you check with someone from your functional team and work on correcting this error in the backend (ECC) . I believe that after that is fixed, it should be available in Fiori as well. HTH, Gautam

0 Kudos

Thanks for a prompt reply Gautam,

But according to the functional, their work is only restricted to configuring the order type 'OR' in TR Code - VOV8 (which is currently present in the system). Everything else is being regarded by them as coding error. So i guess the onus is upon me to find and nail down this issue. If you happen to have any further clues on what the issue could be; please do let me know.

Thanks,

Vaibhav.

MPS4HANA
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please ask the functional to create a sales order from ECC backend (Order type OR) - and get the confirmation that the Order got generated properly, along with ORDER#. If Sales ORDER gets generated properly at backend (ECC ) then check for UI error - for Create Sales Order FIORI App.

Please also check that the user-id using which Sales Order is tried to be generated has required authorizations.

Plus try to use the same data - user-id {Sales partner-in Customer} , material, etc which was used while creating the earlier Sales Order in backend.  (This will ensure picking of correct data/required checks - as were passed earlier) - and still if the error comes, check the FIORI config.

Trust this helps.

MPS4HANA
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Also the DOCTYPE in FIORI config should be set as "TA" for parameter_value,   for the Sales Document Type OR.