Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue for the setting landscape for FSCM Credit Management

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Let me explain to you our client´s SAP landscape in a very simple way:

We want to set FSCM Credit Management. Our client is currently working under SAP 6.0, EHP6. Working with SAP FI-AR and SAP Sales & Distribution. Our client has no PI instalation nor XI instalation. We are not going to introduce any data from external systems (credit rating agencies, other Non-SAP systems, etc.), just to work with the standard integration with SAP FI-AR  and SAP Sales & Distribution.

At this point, I´ve read different opinions on the forum saying that "if you don´t have XI or PI you will need to set WS-RM" (http://scn.sap.com/thread/2056847).

Now, my core question is simple: can I set FSCM Credit Management with the only integration of SAP FI-AR and SAP Sales&Distribution without setting PI, XI or WS-RM, as any credit data will be received from external systems?

Secondly (and as a subsequent question of the core one, despite I know the "1 thread-1 question"), which functionality would not be available (or not fully available) by not integrating any external data?

Many thanks to anybody who can respond the thread with clear answers to my direct questions. He/She will be rewarded.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

João_FI_FIN-CS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Wilson,

Yes you can set the FSCM-CR without external data or systems integrated. As you said, you'll just not have the analysis that systems can create. But you can use the Credit to do some formulas to check the limit in the sale order...

Explore the Credit Customizing to do more.

JPA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Wilson, Joao

I dont believe this to be the case.

In order to get FI-AR data from the same ECC system into FSCM Credit Management PI or WSRM is required.

If you want simple things like the credit exposure to be updated within FSCM Credit Management the two solutions need to be joined.

Wilson - it could be worth you testing this - but I am 99% sure I am right. I have tested this previously myself in an Enhancement pack 5 or 6 solution. Maybe there has been a change in Enh Pack 7 - but I am unaware of this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

Thanks for your contribution.

I´m not an expert in FSCM Credit Management (actually I am a level 0-beginner) but, with my experience on other FSCM areas it is difficult for me to understand the fact you raised, as I am talking about SAP FI-AR and SAP SD information. To support my little understanding I just raised the question in order to find a confirmation to what I see form the customizing tree, please see below:

Then, what for that activation of the standard BAdi provided to perform the integration with SAP FI-AR and SAP SD?

Our client does not have any connection with any Non-SAP systems, and will not ask for any credit rate to external agencies. That is why our FSCM Credit Management should be limited to a common setting under the SPRO FSCM Credit Management root (apart from minor setting,  in SAP SD perhaps).

I only asked in this thread if FSCM Credit Management could be normally exploited with this landscape (assuming somehow less information about credit decision may be...), using only SAP open items & SAP sale orders, without any settings on WS-RM (I wouldn´t be able to find that system out at the SPRO tree ..!!).

If you tell me, if I understood you correctly, that I won´t be able to use FSCM Credit Management functionality unless I configure WS-RM (I wouldn´t know where to start)...well, it is something I want to be sure about.

That is why Joao answer was in connection with my thoughts....

So? Joao, can you contribute with something else?

Regards to both of you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Wilson

I would say the proof is in the pudding. If you configure the system without PI and WS-RM and it works end to end for all scenarios, exposure update, DCD, Credit limit requests, credit blocking etc then great - however I dont think it does.

Joao - can you confirm that you have active customers that fully utilise SAP FSCM Credit Management without either PI or WSRM?

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

João_FI_FIN-CS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Wilson,

When I said this customer is good or not to pay, it is if this customer it is good or not payer. If this customer buys a lot and don't pay, it's a bad payer. This analysis you won't have because some vendors will do for you if you send this information to to them.

About the WSRM I can't comment because I don't know it.

JPA

João_FI_FIN-CS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Wilson and Mark,

As Wilson do not have PI or export and import data, it's not posible to use fully. I agree with you, Mark. But with some formulas you can block sales orders and put some block messages. But the analysis of this customer you can't have it because SAP hasn't this inteligence in the standard package. Consequently the decision if this customer is good or not to pay you won't have it.

JPA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mark, Joao,

For me it is sufficient to know that I can use FSCM Credit Management without PI and WSRM, although not fully.

It is of common sense to think that, if WSRM is a protocol to connect with the exterior and I do not have anything to check out there, I don´t need to implement it making instead a basic installation of FSCM Credit Management as I said, with standard formulas checking the credit from SAP open items and sale orders.

This idea, although simple, I didn´t get from several threads in this SCN forum and I think it is very important. I got the impression that if you didn´t work with PI, WSRM was mandatory, which is not actually exact.

Joao, what is still out of my understanding is "the decision if this customer is good or not to pay you won't have it" when it is only supported by SAP FI-AR opened items and SAP SD (sales orders, deliveray, invoicing), and payment behaviuor. Why can´t you make a credit decision, based only on SAP R/3 transactions, if you have all your customer movements registered in SAP R/3?

I turn round the same question, what can WSRM contribute to my FSCM Credit management setting, with no connection to any other Non SAP system and no connection with external agencies?

I can´t see it...

Thanks so much.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Wilson

I dont believe Joao is saying this.

You cannot run basic credit management processes without PI or WSRM.

you might be able to create credit masters (BP's with a credit profile, segment etc) - however the exposures wont get updated.

I think you are reading what you want to hear. Dont go back to your client and say you can use FSCM Credit Management without PI or WSRM - otherwise you will get egg on your face.

Test a FSCM Credit Management solution and see what actually happens for yourself.

You keep saying you are a beginner to FSCM - please attend the relevant courses or work with a Partner, you cant build a system by guessing what might happen

Joao - please confirm what processes run without either PI or WSRM - and perhaps more importantly what do not run without P or WSRM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mark,

Thanks for your advice. So, are you sure about that, Mark? I mean, it is not worth setting FSCM credit Management without those components?

What I really want to know is what exactly you say at the end: I want to know what works in FSCM Credit Management without PI or WSRM, (if something works!).

Mark, however you firmly say that even basic processes do not work without those components, so for me, this is confusing, at least for a beginner like me.

What I understood from Joao (his first reply) is that FSCM Credit Management works at a certain level, without those components, basically. (please, read again Joao´s first reply, it is not anything about I want to hear, I honestly believe).

I just want a sure respond from my initial thread and I think there are some doubts about this issue.

Regards