Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CRM VMC is keep stopping in app server

former_member196664
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

In CRM Production 2007, VMC is keep stopping in one of the app server. I am not able to start from SM52. This started happening after Kernel upgrade to 7.20_EXT couple of months. Happens like weekly once. I performed complete kernel re-do 7.20_EXT last week, but the issue occurred again today. This is happening in only the app server not in CI only restart of SAP in DI fixing the issue. Please help to fix this issue ASAP.

Thanks,

Kavitha Rajan.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

hemanth2
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Kavitha,

Hope you are doing good. Check note 1083358 - VMC: Recommendations for parameter settings to see if all parameters are right.
If so, kindly let us know the trace file details; something regarding the error should be there.
Perhaps you can do a VMC error using the below technique:

<

Hope this helps.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Kind Regards,

Hemanth

SAP AGS

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

former_member196664
Participant
0 Kudos

Hemanth,

I see below 3 parameters in our system. Do I need this parameter vmcj/max_vm_heap_MB? We did not set this but available with default value 64M. Please let me know.

vmcj/option/maxJavaHeap                     600M

vmcj/option/ps                              1024M

vmcj/enable                                 on

Thanks,

Kavitha Rajan.

hemanth2
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Kavitha,

vmcj/max_vm_heap_MB specifies the maximum size of the VM heap containing the local classes, the local code cache and the Java and service stacks.

Please see:

Memory Parameters - SAP Virtual Machine Container - SAP Library

Can you run the report RSPARAM or RSPFPAR and check if the parameter exists? We have customers using values like 128 (or even 256 ) for this.

The parameter change won't take effect until you don't restart the instance.

Please also see note 1005457 - Parameter setting for Java Virtual Machine in VM Container

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Kind Regards,

Hemanth

SAP AGS

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

former_member196664
Participant
0 Kudos

Hemanth,

In RSPARAM, I checked the value..128, So this is not the issue right? Should I increase this value?
Thanks,

Kavitha

hemanth2
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Kavitha,

Not sure what is the total RAM, but you can increase this to 256 for more performance. Also do check the other note..

former_member196664
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Hemanth,

By mistake I checked in QA earlier. In production it only has 64. I am unable to find max value for this. I have enough RAM, should I match it to other VMC parameters

vmcj/option/maxJavaHeap=600M         or          vmcj/option/ps=1024M Pls advise.

Thanks,

Kavitha Rajan.

former_member196664
Participant
0 Kudos

This is what I have in production.

Thanks,

Kavitha.

0 Kudos

Hi Kavitha,

The maximum logical value for this parameter is 128, but you should only set it in the case of a maximum memory consumption of more than 96G (note 854170).

Best regards

Patricia Cano

SAP Active Global Support

Answers (0)