Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PLM - Upload document Security list message: Wrong server for upload

msahukar
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

We have set up an SAP Content Server for PLM and it was working correctly. However, we executed a system copy and refreshed the environment and adjusted transaction CSADMIN to use a new Content Server. Since then, we keep getting this error:

Security list message: Wrong server for upload

We have regenerated the certificates on transaction STRUST and also WDR_ACF_GEN_CERT. We have also downloaded the certificate to our computers.

If we use the SAP Logon to upload the document it is stored correctly, however, if we attempt the same using NWBC or even when testing through web dynpro app wd_test_appl_acfupdown we get the Wrong server for upload error.

Has someone executed a system copy and/or changed the repository to point to another content server?

I will appreciate any input.

Thank you!

Maria Sahukar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

abhishek_gupta2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Maria ,

I am also getting similar error and have not been able to solve this for some time . Good that you opened this thread .

I have tried everything but this bug is still there .

Thanks ,

Abhishek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

All upload and download directories as well as content servers must be listed in the PLM whitelist. Easiest way is to use one single PLM whitelist for all systems and list all upload and download directories as well as content servers there. The PLM whitelist is then deployed to all clients. It can be done as part of the client installation or logon script, etc.

msahukar
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Samuli,

Thank you for the feedback. We have maintained the PLM whitelist and the certificates. Is there another setting we should be checking?

Regards,

Maria Sahukar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Activate the Java Console and see if it is locating the whitelist and parsing it. A common mistake is to place the whitelist in the wrong directory (or by the wrong name), the correct path is %APPDATA%\SAP and the correct file name is SAPFrontendService.xml.

msahukar
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Samuli,

Thanks for the input, we did have the hostname in the whitelist but we did not have the port number and that's why it was failing. It has to be maintained in the following format: <hostname>:<port>

Regards,

Maria Sahukar

former_member188458
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Samuli ,

Sorry for posting my query here .

I have been actually trying to resolve an issue related to Download server error in Document in PLM Web UI .

I also posted a separate query for that but I am unable to get any pointers to resolve the same.

Would really appreciate your help on the same.

Here is the link to query I posted.

Thanks,

Rini

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

amitdhar
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

HI Maria,

in tcode wdr_acf_wlist, you will find node for upload and download directories.

in upload and download you should  maintain all your drives and well as network drive also.

here only u have to maintain ur server details.

the issue will get resolved.

thanks

Amit Dhar