cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Composite Provider with Time dependent master data

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

we have a infoset and due to some performance issues we are creating a composite provider to replace Info set and that Info set is having Time dependent master data objects  and DSO.. But when I was creating composite provider I do not see two time dependent  objects (Valid from and Valid to ) in composite provider. Composite provider does not have them/ is it a limitation? Appreciate if provide a input on this..  [We are in BW on HANA 7.4 with SP 7 environment]

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Prabhith
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

I remember that there was the following limitation with Composite provider in terms of time dependent masterdata but it was a little old limitation.(some time in 2013)

If temporal joins are required where the result set is depending on time-dependent master data, InfoSets have to be used since CompositeProviders can't provide that functionality.

I am not sure whether it was solved in the latest release and dont remember an OSS where this was addressed.

BR

Prabhith

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member182970
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Yes, we cannot use Non-cumulative key figures. if any scenario to be used Non-cumulative have to go to APD.

-

Regards,

Mallikarjuna 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Temporal joins are not yet supported to composite provider in both HANA BW Modeler and administrative work bench. As per information from SAP ,SAP will make this available in SP 13 in HANA BW Modeler...

Thanks,

Manohar

shyam_uthaman
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Manohar,

Do you know if temporal joins are now supported? Has the update been rolled out yet?

Also, what about non-cumulative key figures?

Regards,

Shyam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shyam,

As per my knowledge temporal joins not yet supported and You cannot use non-cumulative key figures in a CompositeProvider.

Thanks,

Manohar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manohar,

As of now Temporal will support only in SAP Infoset and not any other info providers.

If you realyy want to user this you need to Build HANA model and expose the same to Frontend.

In that model you can keep the Master data table and DSO Active table.

Regards

Jagan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jagan,

Thanks for the reply... HANA Model and expose to Front end you mean is make CP in  HANA Studio and then we can get time dependent attributes(Valid from and Valid to) in display data..Am I correct?

Appreciate if you can share any sap link/note number which provided this statement... 

Thanks,

Manohar